white substance in grafted area

Hi, I had my surgery yesterday, doc has asked that I keep the grafts wet. I wear a little plastic wrap after spraying the liquid given. Since today, I started noticing some white slimy (mucous like) stuff in the grafted areas (attaching photo ... you cant see it that well)

I cannot recall from my prior surgery, if this is normal? The reason I want to confirm from the members here ... I began my anti-biotic quite late (2 hrs ago), so just wanting to make sure that it is not infection. (I'm otherwise in good health, no pain, no discomfort, no sign of fever)

DSC00058a.jpg.81990959384c78d70918cb6210e5ed02.jpg

it's probably from the saline getting trapped under plastic wrap

never heard of plastic wrap post op

i'd ko that step

i bet it comes off after your next wash

looks really clean

congrats

I have to agree with the above suggestion. I've never heard of anyone recommending plastic wrap after surgery. It's really not necessary.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

hm... if you dont use any wrap (plastic or otherwise), how will you retain the moisture to your grafts?. Left to the air elements, no matter how often you spray, the grafts will dry out in mins?.

that's fine

TRY to spray every 20 mins when awake

TRY that is if it is every hour or two then that is fine too

for the first week: the less you do to the grafts the better

I doubt Dr. Cooley told you to put plastic wrap over the grafts to keep them moist

Please double check on these instructions

Umm... double checking: Instructions: "How long should I wear the saran wrap: The first 3 days are the most important time to use the saran wrap but it does protect the the grafts if you are wearing a cap or during sleep. It also functions as a green house and helps keep the grafts moist to help with healing"

that's fine

TRY to spray every 20 mins when awake

TRY that is if it is every hour or two then that is fine too

for the first week: the less you do to the grafts the better

I doubt Dr. Cooley told you to put plastic wrap over the grafts to keep them moist

Please double check on these instructions

Usually, plastic wrap will be applied after a healing session in order to maintain the area moist. However, this is usually recommended to be removed after about an hour when patient gets home from surgery. Then it's important to spray often and keep area moist...but also to not cover any longer......