Considering Surgery very lost

lileli

Hello All,

I have been losing my hair since I was 18( I am 25 now). Currently I have realized that my hairless is much more aggressive than I previously thought. My hairline has moved back a lot which of course has made my forehead huge lol. I recently realized that I am losing hair on the back of head as well. Rogaine always caused major side effects and I am terrified of propecia. I am currently on S5 cream. I am considering a hair transplant through the Plastic Surgery Center. Adam Saad Md is the main surgeon and they use a neo graft machine. Has anyone had any experience with them? Also, are there any affordable option in the States or will I have to travel overseas? Thanks for any insight.

20140726_200851.jpg.257e1d34e3d56a936a96bb2600480949.jpg

20140731_124229_resized.jpg.2aeb5e5e27d1a56b51b5195189465307.jpg

20140731_130552_resized.jpg.d007860c1e63de76d5903634e89d68bb.jpg

Edited by lileli

I would say don't do anything now.

Your donor hair does not look amazing and you might only get 3000-4000 lifetime grafts before it starts to look really thin. That might be enough hair to cover half of the top of your head. The chances are you will end up at least a Norwood 6 and depending on the competence of the surgeon some of the transplanted hairs may not turn out to be permanent (outside the safe zone).

Your best bet is to try Finasteride. Some people are just lucky and never experience any side effects.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

try the meds and see if it slows down your hairloss. research this forum, read as much info as you can, educate yourself and when your ready , have several consults with docs that you like, NEVER rush into surgery and NEVER let your emotions get the best of you,hairloss sucks and I can relate to the high forehead, but its better to be on the safe side

You should not use any hair loss product so soon after hair transplant. You should use only those medicine and creams which have given by your physician. Wait for 4 to 6 months and after that if you will see the same problem, then use some different product.