MyWHTC, Tell me what I can see after an FUE procedure

There is no perfect surgical procedure that will allow you to totally avoid any scarring. FUE will allow you to wear it shorter in the donor area, but you would see some evidence of the procedure if you totally shaved the donor area. If you undergo even a minor FUE procedure, there are changes that will occur with each small incision. The changes can be noticeable from weeks to months after the procedure. When you cut skin tissue and extract follicular units, you change the orientation of the scalp. The hair on your head affects the appearance of the scalp to a certain degree, so removing it can obviously change the scalp’s overall appearance. During the FUE process, a proper distribution of the extractions and evenly harvested donor zones improve the overall aesthetic appearance of the donor area. Nowadays, we have advances (e.g. ACell) and other preparation methods to improve the chances of minimizing any noticeable donor scarring. We offer a preparation method of FUE called FIT donor restocking. Basically, it involves replacing the donor scalp hair with other available donor hair.

Here is an example of what you can expect to see of a shaved FUE donor:

newresultstemplateab_zps6cf6a413.jpg

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...
So does that mean that someone having beard FUE will have scars on there face , or under there chin ?

The beard, face, and chin areas usually heal remarkably well after surgery. Not all patients will heal the same so we effectively utilize a system to identify patients who may be more likely to have noticeable scarring after surgery.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

5 months after 300 extracted beard grafts I cannot see any evidence of where the grafts were harvested. I shave every other day with a DE razor and see no change in the appearance of the skin whatsoever.

Interesting claim!

Have you got any photographic evidence to back your claim?

The beard tissue happens to be considerably resilient but its increased blood flow seems to stimulate the reproduction of collagen. Skin cells in this area are renewed faster, especially when exfoliation is accomplished. For example, notice how when you cut yourself during shaving, it only requires a day or so to heal. I favor beard hair as an ideal source of donor body hair because of the fact that it grows at a similar rate as scalp hair and it shares the likeness in quality as well. Beard hair also works wonders with camouflaging the appearance of linear scarring (strip scars) and shows to produce acceptable yields once it is transplanted into scar tissue. However, harvesting beard hair isn't as easily accomplished as one might assume.

I'll see if I can put together some realistic depictions of a few healing results from beard hair harvesting. I will attempt to present intra-operative video footage and medical photography to reveal a viewers point-of-view from the operating room.

I am certainly happy that the fellow forum members are healing as well as you seem to be and your healing is seemly showing upward progression. Sometimes a patient might experience some inflammation so hydrocortisone can be applied as a topical during immediate postoperative care.