Need help in deciding number of Grafts for my Hair transplanation

Hi,

I am very keen to go in for HT surgery soon. Met two doctors here in Bay area California and both gave completely different ideas ..First doctor after looking into my case suggested 4000-5000 grafts in one session for about 15-16K ..

Second one suggested 1 session for 2300-2800 grafts MAX ..he said absolutely no 4000-5000 grafts and he said is impossible ...I really liked this doctor's suggestion and thought of going with him ...But thought of seeking some help from other experts here who can also help me throwing up with your ideas...Your kind help on this is highly appeciated... Here are my photos below which can help you to understand my case ...

Also please let me know 2300-2800 grafts will give me good coverage??

5b32e03870597_photo1.jpg.a937e125dc406d9c72b88eb50a13316f.jpg

5b32e038b4901_photo2.jpg.11a381c56647c9775c3383acc77b08c2.jpg

It all depends on what your goals are and which areas of your scalp you are going to address, if all of your areas including the crown then yes 5,000 grafts or even more.

2300-2800 placed only in the hairline and frontal third would be an alternative approach if you leave the crown for another procedure.

Which doctors are you considering and have you screened them through the search function here?

fue or fut?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks for your reply..yes I have consulted these two doctors through the search function from this website ...I am considering FUT ..But my main worry is about the number of grafts here ..I am okay with up to 4000 grafts in one session , But second doctor whom I met told me that getting those many grafts in one session is highly unlikely ..But first doctor told me that he will have about 5000 grafts done and will give an impressive results ..Totally confused with how many grafts is right for me ???

Also could you give me some best doctors in bay area?

Ok please let us know your exact goals for this surgery, for example you just want to address the front and hairline, or you want to have thick coverage everywhere including the crown. That will help in giving you a good estimate.

I cannot recommend you going with a surgeon just in the bay area, I myself have travelled the world over for my procedures in order to get the best results.

For FUT, some of the best are Dr. Hasson in Vancouver and Dr. Konior in Chicago

For hair restoration surgery, if you limit yourself to local area only or go too low on price you often pay the price with poor results.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks ..I would like to address both front and crown ...But my main worry is that second doctor told me that it is highly unlikely you can transplant up to 4000-5000 grafts in one session for my case?

So I am wondering can I go for two sessions like one with 2500 and second on with another 1500 later?

But i hate going for two surgery? Happy to finish once if at all possible to insert those many grafts in one session..