Just had hair transplant done. Have a couple questions/worries.

I went by the sheer number of happy customers I saw on this forum and decided to go with Dr. Siporin. Here's my questions for those of you who have gone through a hair transplant.

1. I washed my hair on the second day and noticed some scabs in places where I think there were no transplants done. I couldn't help but pick them. Did I do this wrong?

2. Third day sleeping, and my scalp started itching like crazy when I was sleeping. I accidentally picked a couple scabs w/o being fully awake and it started bleeding like crazy. I went to the bathroom, kept pressure on it, and stopped it. I noticed a couple hairs with the bulb and maybe even the follicle in the sink. Should I be worried?

3. Both of my temples are swollen for some reason. Looks kind of funny. What's going on?

4. How do they count the number of graphs while doing the transplant? (I had 1500, but I've seen people with this same amount cover much more area than was done with me)

Welcome HughShaw,

You shouldn't be picking at the scabs at any time, giving the fact you have been doing this so early on there is a good chance you have removed some grafts.

If there wasn't any bleeding on the second day when you picked at the scabs, hopefully you were lucky.

I'm not sure how you can avoid picking them in your sleep and it does sound like you may have lost a graft/grafts. Maybe you could wear some mittens or oven gloves when you go to bed?

A lot of people experience some swelling post-op, but if you are worried contact the doctor and ask for their advise.

You need to give those grafts at least 8 days to really take hold. So do your best to stop picking at them. Swelling is totally normal--it's all the saline draining out. Shouldn't last more than 3-4 days.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for the answers guys. The doctor just called and answered my questions. He even said that they could be put back in if less than 24 hours. Too bad I rinsed those precious 4-8 hairs (maybe more) or so down the drain. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by HughShaw:

Thanks for the answers guys. The doctor just called and answered my questions. He even said that they could be put back in if less than 24 hours. Too bad I rinsed those precious 4-8 hairs (maybe more) or so down the drain. icon_frown.gif

lol, under no circumstances will you ever even notice those 4-8 hairs. I wouldn't sweat it unless you knocked out 100 grafts.

Guys, I took a nap and when I woke up, I found two more double-hairs had fallen out by itself! (Today is day 3 as my surgery was last Saturday) I know it's not much, but I'm still pretty sad about it. icon_frown.gif

Why are only doubles falling out? (Singles would make me feel a bit better)

HughShaw, maybe you could take a pic and send it to the Dr. to see if it is indeed graphs your losing or just hairs. I would definitely try my very best not to pick at any thing at all! Not only because of the fear of losing graphs but the possible scarring!

Thanks for the advice guys! I went to see the doctor and he reassured me that those hairs will not make a difference. They've stopped falling out today when I used the shampoo. I'm happy with my results from Dr. Siporin. Hopefully I'll get 95% regrowth after the hairs fall out within a couple weeks. icon_biggrin.gif