Does dandruff affect a hair transplant in any way?

Quick question guys, as a regular sufferer of dandruff (and someone who has to constantly control it by switching up shampoos, etc), is there any advice you'd give me prior and post to my hair transplant? How have some of you dandruff sufferers dealt with it yourself?

I suffer from the same condition and have been through multiple procedures, from my past experiences you have to be careful more of the harsh shampoos rather than the dandruff itself.

Nizoral for example should not be used post-up unless absolutely necessary and only for short duration. Try to make sure you have a mild dandruff shampoo in your regimen.

Btw is your "dandruff" the dry skin type or the more oily seborrheic dermatitis? If dry skin than try to get your scalp moisturized and in good condition prior to surgery.

If SD then make sure it's relatively under control before the procedure. Post-op you won't be able to wash vigorously and it will get worse or at least stand out more.

Also let the doctor and clinic know in advance of your condition, most of them have their own recommendations and instructions for dealing with it after surgery.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)