Shock Loss or Slow Growth - Crown

Hi Guys

I'm 14 days post post-op. I have lost some of the transplanted hair, which is to be expected and no-doubt this will continue over next couple of weeks.

However, I'm concerned about the overall slow re-growth of my 'native' hair as this doesn't seem to be coming back as quick - particularly around the crown.

I had 200 grafts left over from the procedure and the Dr placed these around the crown area which showed early signs of thinning.

I now look much worse than I did prior to my head being shaved. The hairline is fine, but it is the back that looks awful.

I will try and attach pictures below. If this doesn't work, I have updated my photo album on my profile.

I've done a close up of the crown and I can see a mix of long hairs, fine hairs and very short hairs. I'm worried whether this is shockloss or not, however, it does look as if the native hair is growing back - just at different rates. Has anyone else experienced this at the crown?

1. Crown before

2. Crown at 14 days

3. Crown and partial hairline at 14 days

4. Hairline at 14 days

5. Close up of crown at 14 days

Edited by MrG-1981

I've analyzed it as best I can and I think it's just hard to tell. I don't see a noticeable difference. If it is affecting you, maybe try a little concealer in the crown. I think a very small amount might give you the appearance that you're looking for. It looks great. Feel free to post another picture in a week and we can give you another opinion.

I've analyzed it as best I can and I think it's just hard to tell. I don't see a noticeable difference. If it is affecting you, maybe try a little concealer in the crown. I think a very small amount might give you the appearance that you're looking for. It looks great. Feel free to post another picture in a week and we can give you another opinion.

Thanks RG. It is hard to tell I guess...Ive looked at concealers and may order one to try out before Im back to work next week. Just need to put it on back burner for now..'a pan never boils when you watch it'.

Will post update pic next week. Fingers crossed :)

Thanks again