Dr Mark DiStefano in MA

GDM

Did a search on him and found some valuable info. It also appears at one time he was a "recommended" surgeon on this site but is not currently. Appeared may be related to use of "double blade" but that is a bit unclear and he seems to no longer be using this method. Seeking any additional feedback re him. thanks!

why? Given the wealth of information on this site (and the internet in general...), I don't get why you'd even begin to consider someone who isn't recommended on this site. Never let cost and proximity dictate the doctor you choose.

Did a search on him and found some valuable info. It also appears at one time he was a "recommended" surgeon on this site but is not currently. Appeared may be related to use of "double blade" but that is a bit unclear and he seems to no longer be using this method. Seeking any additional feedback re him. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I did have Dr. DiStefano do a repair in November 2010. I believe he used a single blade. He did a strip procedure using 1, 2, and 3 hair grafts. He put grafts between the plugs and also softened the hairline. They estimated before the procedure about 1200 grafts. The day of the procedure he asked me if I wanted to do more grafts if possible. I said yes so he did between 1500 to 1600 grafts. (I don't remember the exact amount.) It did cost a bit more for the extra but I was fine with that.

When I got home and looked in the mirror, I could see he had put grafts everywhere. Even my wife was surprised compared to what I got previously from Dr. Leonard who didn't even give me a graft count. Now people don't stare at my head like they did before the repair.

I'm thinking of going back for one more session some day. Dr. D told me he could make it look better and he did.

I will add pictures to my profile later today or tomorrow if you want to see them.

I'm just giving my account of my experience with Dr. DiStefano. I'm very pleased with my results from him. I noticed he's not a recommended doctor on this site at this time. I also am not affiliated in any way with him or his office.

• 7 years later...

@patrHello, i read your review on Dr. Distefano. I was wondering if I could ask you to connect with me to have more converastions about your experiences with Dr. Distefano. I'm not even sure if you are checking this message board anymore or get a notification - but I'd greatly appreciate your message once you see this message. I'm someone who is seriously considering him and given that there isn't much information about him, it's been challenging to make the decision. Thank you so much! 

Edited by Dhcyoo