Repairing or removing previous hair transplants

Hi,

I'm a newbie on this forum but need to get up to speed fast so any help appreciated. My brother is in his late 30s & resident in New Zealand. 10 years ago he had a hair transplant which was fine to start but his hair continued to recede laeving obvious plugs or punnets visible. He has had subsequent finer work with a diffent surgeon work done 5 years ago but the results still look obvious. He then turned to a hairpiece solution which entailed shaving the head.

He is now a mess mentally as a result because he thinks it's pretty obvious he is wearing a hair piece (he's right!) & he has lost the option to shave his head & go natural because there is a lot of scarring around the back & sides of his head where donor hairs were taken from. His hairpiece means he can't swim, play sport etc. He has pretty well withdrawn from every day life and is so depressed he has given up looking for a solution.

To me, it seems the only options are to use plastic surgery to get rid of the scarring etc so he can go close cropped/ shaved. Or find somebody who can repair the damage and give him back hair. I don't think he cares which.

He's had his life destroyed by inept hair loss surgeons. He's drinking in the last chance saloon & I need to find him a solution & advice on how not to get dicked over next time.

He can travel anywhere. Any help appreciated.

Hi,

I'm a newbie on this forum but need to get up to speed fast so any help appreciated. My brother is in his late 30s & resident in New Zealand. 10 years ago he had a hair transplant which was fine to start but his hair continued to recede laeving obvious plugs or punnets visible. He has had subsequent finer work with a diffent surgeon work done 5 years ago but the results still look obvious. He then turned to a hairpiece solution which entailed shaving the head.

He is now a mess mentally as a result because he thinks it's pretty obvious he is wearing a hair piece (he's right!) & he has lost the option to shave his head & go natural because there is a lot of scarring around the back & sides of his head where donor hairs were taken from. His hairpiece means he can't swim, play sport etc. He has pretty well withdrawn from every day life and is so depressed he has given up looking for a solution.

To me, it seems the only options are to use plastic surgery to get rid of the scarring etc so he can go close cropped/ shaved. Or find somebody who can repair the damage and give him back hair. I don't think he cares which.

He's had his life destroyed by inept hair loss surgeons. He's drinking in the last chance saloon & I need to find him a solution & advice on how not to get dicked over next time.

He can travel anywhere. Any help appreciated.

• Administrators

Beck,

I'm sorry to hear about your brother's situation. But I do think, with the right technique and in the right hands, he can probally re-establish a natural result.

I encourage you and him to visit our hair transplant repair section to weigh his options.

Nice of you to be looking out for your bro.

Best wishes to both of you.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.