Interesting question about scar tissue in recipient area

Let's say you've had two or three surgeries to try and fix an area with poor growth, and after those surgeries, you still have poor growth in those areas. Or let's say you've had two or three surgeries in the same place to add density and then suddenly you experience permanent shock loss. Isn't scar tissue developed in the recipient area, and the success of future growth limited? Or is the scar tissue that does develop in the recipient area different from say a scar in the donor area such as from strip surgery? I know doctors always say that it's hard to tell how successful a transplant would be in a strip scar, so is the "scarring" in the recipient area different? I think it's an important issue to address, especially since people go in for repairs and such. Also, if this scar tissue does develop and could be a problem, is there a specific time period that a patient should allow for healing before undergoing future treatments?

Isn't scar tissue developed in the recipient area, and the success of future growth limited?

I should think so, since the fibrosis of the scar tissue would take the place of blood supply.

Or is the scar tissue that does develop in the recipient area different from say a scar in the donor area such as from strip surgery?

I think there ARE different types of scar tissue. You would need to speak to your physician about this. I vaguely recall, it depends on your particular genetic make-up and also there is an ethnic factor, in that darker skinned races have a propensity of developing a particular scar type.

I know doctors always say that it's hard to tell how suffessful a transplant would be in a strip scar, so is the "scarring" in the recipient area different?

There is always an unreliablity factor in medicine.

I think it's an important issue to address, especially since people go in for repairs and such.

I fully agree.

Also, if this scar tissue does develop and could be a problem, is there a specific time period that a patient should allow for healing before undergoing future treatments?

I would imagine that a physician would recommend the same healing period as of the donor area, which I believe could be as long as 24 months. Please check with your surgeon as well as other surgeons.

All the best Scorpian.

take care...