Radiation-related hair loss in Midwest

kcwife

Hello all! About two years ago my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It's been a difficult journey, but he's made it!

Unfortunately, the radiation treatments he had to undergo have resulted in a large bald spot on the top and left side of his head. It does not resemble male pattern baldness. To someone not used to his appearance he still looks like someone with cancer. Shaving his head reveals a large, obvious scar and still doesn't look natural.

We live in Kansas City, Missouri. He has had a consultation with Bosley, but he's hesitant (and I agree) to go with them just because they're easy to find, particularly given his unusual case.

I am hoping that there is someone in the Midwest who has (preferably extensive) experience treating this kind of hair loss. He has a lot of available donor hair.

Thank you in advance for your time!

don't let him go to Bosley!

consult with the Shapiro's in Minneapolis and also Dr. Konior in Chicago

also do a lot of research on this forum (using search feature) before proceeding

good luck, there are very good recommended doctors on this forum who can help your husband

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

kcwife,

Welcome! I suggest taking some time to view our interactive map for recommended physicians in your area. To view our recommendation criteria, click here.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Certainly have more than one consultation with a physician experienced with treating scars. You could also get some idea of viable treatment methods by sending us a few photos.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

You have two of the top hair restoration surgeons in the world in the Midwest - Dr. Raymond Konior in Chicago and Dr. Ron Shapiro in Minneapolis. I'd start there, but do not go to Bosley.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018