When is it safe to resume Dandruff Shampoo?

I have always had dandruff and when I don't use a dandruff shampoo I get sores on my scalp. Since my HT surgery 4 weeks ago, I have been using baby shampoo. I have developed sore on the scalp. These are occurring neither in the donor area or recipient area so I am just assuming they are my natural tendency. Since historically they have responded well to a dandruff shampoo I would like to start using a dandruff shampoo as soon as I can but dont want to compromise by grafts etc.. All that being said, I have the following questions:

1) What is the safe time to resume a dandruff shampoo?

2) When I do go back, should I use something other than "Head and Shoulders"

Thanks

I think after one month you are safe to resume, just don't use anything harsh on the transplanted area on a repetitive basis.

Have you seen a doctor about your condition btw? Sounds like scalp eczema, either (sebo) psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis, leaning more towards psoriasis as you mention "sores."

Best to have it treated by a dermatologist and also you should mention it to your hair restoration physician.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)