FUE vs FUT graft survival

how much of a difference is there between fut and fue when it comes to graft survival? I want to get fut but I don't want to give up my limited donor area up to dead grafts as they are finite.

I am considering getting fue with demirsoy, but I have not seen much hair counts from him so I don't have any idea of what his graft survival rate is.

how much of a difference is there between fut and fue when it comes to graft survival? I want to get fut but I don't want to give up my limited donor area up to dead grafts as they are finite.

I am considering getting fue with demirsoy, but I have not seen much hair counts from him so I don't have any idea of what his graft survival rate is.

Graft survival depends in large part in the combined skill of your surgeon and the tech team. Transection (permanent damage) can occur with FUE if or when multiple hair bearing FUs are dissected into singles. Usually the techs do that part. Obviously transection can also occur during the extraction process especially to those docs who do not have extensive FUE experience with the yields and results to prove it. You probably already know that.

In addition, it depends how the grafts are handled and prepared once they are harvested. The longer they are left out of body, the more potential for ischemia reperfusion of the graft tissue to take place. That's simply deteriation of the tissue over loss of oxygen (blood flow) to the tissue. And many docs use a cold fluid to store the grafts in a peach tree dish to prepare them for implantation.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY