Looking for a dense FUE after 3 strips

I'll try to keep this pretty short.

I'm 29 and had my first procedure done when I was 22, and since then I've had 3. I've been on propecia about 8 years and thankfully haven't lost any more hair. (PS: Anybody else lose tons of hair after a dose of Accutane?)

The first was in 2008 and it was average, i.e. not very densely packed, I got 1000 grafts put in along my hairline and temples. The hairline is fantastic, and does not utilize any straight lines. The off-centered angles look quite natural.

In 2010 the second surgery was a small touchup, where there were gaps between follicle units, I did 200 hairs.

My third was with a different doctor in 2012, with 1000 more. This surgeon didn't touch my temples, but did increase the density behind my hair significantly, and I'm happy with that.

My point is my hair is in an intermediate stage, and after 6 years it's not really acceptable anymore. Also, several surgeons have told me they're uncomfortable with dense packing because of my age, but I've held onto my hair since starting my treatment.

I live in El Paso, and I am curious if there are any doctors near to me that would be willing to just buzz my head clean and take a good hard look at filling in the spots I'm uncomfortable with, - i.e. the uneven density, pluggy appearance and a few gaps between spots of dense hair. I'm certain I wouldn't need any more than 600-800 units, preferably with several singles.

Dr. Erdogan looks like a great surgeon, but obviously I'd like to visit a surgeon closer to my region, preferably one with a strong FUE background who's willing to work with me.

I'm also concerned that reputable surgeons might not be willing to increase the density of my hair due to my age, and I don't want to get stuck with a disreputable one.

But I'm willing to travel anywhere.

Thanks guys for all you do,

Reno

Edited by Ryan Daj

If you're looking for quality dense packing FUE from a reliable doctor, you're going to have to travel to Belgium or Turkey.

Bisanga can dense pack as well as the Turkish docs I believe. The graft count will be higher as will be the total overall cost, so don't be surprised by the sticker shock.

Arocha in Houston TX seems to do FUE, do your research and check hundreds of results before deciding though.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)