maximum FUE grafts after FUT HT

Hey Forum,

Did anyone have FUE grafts extracted from the side of the head after FUT HTs. I maximized FUT. I am curious is you still can harvest some above the ear. I think I might have aprox. 500 to 1000 FUE hair left in my donor area. Guessing like 150 to 250 FUE by the right ear and maybe 150 to 250 left ear. I presume you have to watch this area because.. You might look like barbie doll?

My crown area is thin. Would be nice to get some more grafts.. But I presume the ones on the side of the head will be lost over time..

Thoughts?

Tse,

Usually, hair transplant surgeons can extract some additional grafts via FUE after multiple strip surgeries. However, this is determined on a "case-by-case" basis and you will have to likely consult in person to receive a good answer. Many FUGs on the "side" of the scalp still fall within in universal donor region. This means they should be highly DHT resistant and remain over time.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.