I think transplanted graft roots damaged. Not growing. Need advice

chad

Hi

It is 6 weeks after a H/T of nearly 6000 grafts. I am not sure that the transplanted hair has taken. Since the grafts were transplanted many of them have not grown (still 1mm long). Some have grown twice in size (2-3mm) but they feel dead and show no signs of growing or shedding. They are like thick stubble spread sporadically over the scalp. I reckon 50% of the hairs have not changed in size and I wonder if the roots were damaged.

From what I have seen and read the transplanted hairs grow normally before shedding, especially after 6 weeks. The hair has settled well in the back half of my crown and feels thickish and normal. A lot of the other hairs that grew have been shed.

I am wondering are the roots damaged and will they grow in time?

I will try and answer any questions when I can as I have limited internet access at the minute.I will also try and put some pictures up but my own internet is down at the minute.

Thanks for reading and any information gratefully received.

Doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary is going on. Some grafts shed soon after HT, some hang on longer, some grow, some don't. Who was your surgeon?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Dr Bhatti darling buds. He was a good surgeon and it was professionally done but I am worried as there a lot of hairs not growing. I was concerned that the root was damaged in some way as they are quite fragile. I supposed time will tell.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest though.

It has been 1 month and 2 weeks, doesn't it take like 3-4 months to start seeing full regrowth of hairs? And that is just when it starts, it should take 6-9 months to get a better idea where your hair is heading. I am 2 weeks and a half out of my HT and hairs are shedding, some hairs haven't shed, I am not worried, I 'll give it 3-4 months.

Everything sounds perfectly normal at this point. It's much too early for concern. You'll need to wait for between 3 and 4 months before the growth phase begins.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...