Cutting Proscar

DrewFL

I want to start taking Propecia but everyone says that Proscar is cheaper because you can cut it into 4 pieces. I noticed on Merk's website that it says both meds have the same active ingrediant but not to do this (I know...they want more money) because Proscar is a pear shaped pill and is almost impossible to cut with out it breaking apart.

HOW DO YOU CUT PROSCAR??????

I want to start taking Propecia but everyone says that Proscar is cheaper because you can cut it into 4 pieces. I noticed on Merk's website that it says both meds have the same active ingrediant but not to do this (I know...they want more money) because Proscar is a pear shaped pill and is almost impossible to cut with out it breaking apart.

HOW DO YOU CUT PROSCAR??????

just buy a pill splitter foe a few bucks at your pharmacy. they cut into 4ths just fine. caution though: the split pills do leave a bit of a residue WHICH IS HARMFUL TO WOMEN WHO ARE OR MAY BECOME PREGNANT (and harmful to the fetus), even just by touching it, so make certain the pills are out of her reach.

Drew...you can use a pill cutter if you like..i even have one..but to be honest, they are easily split with just using my thumbnail...seriously!..it makes a better cut than trying to line up the pill in a pill cutter..

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???