Is It Just Me That Thinks Like This????

Mr. GQ

hi guys,

i noticed that the darker skinned guys with the straight black hair (more specifically east indies) are having much harder time then any of the other ethnic groups when it comes to HT graft survival and/or fighting the hair loss with just drugs.

so is this just me or what do you guys think? i would be interested in some of the doctors' comments as well.

hi guys,

i noticed that the darker skinned guys with the straight black hair (more specifically east indies) are having much harder time then any of the other ethnic groups when it comes to HT graft survival and/or fighting the hair loss with just drugs.

so is this just me or what do you guys think? i would be interested in some of the doctors' comments as well.

115 views and all I hear is echo with a soothing sound of crickets in the background icon_smile.gif.

i know that a lot of indians are vegetarians and vegans so perhaps a certain diet could play an important part in immune system mechanics.

also i heard on a radio show not long ago (few weeks) that Johnson & Johnson company is putting curry spice on all of the band-aids that are being sold in India and that they will implement soon the same production in north america. they say that it exhibits some excellent properties on a skin tissue and it's ability for healing.

here is an interesting link to the article about curry spice and prostate cancer http://www.bio-medicine.org/bi...state-cancer-2521-1/.

so could long exposure to heavy curry diet hinder propecia's and proscar's effect'

for the record i'm not indian but just being interested in the science of hair loss in general.

Do you have examples that support your theory that you want to post?

Bill, just like you mentioned - it's just a theory.

through my research and looking at the peoples results, it's just something that sticks out to me (hence the title ??“ 'Is It Just Me??¦.'?).

i also asked for doctors' input hoping that they keep such statistic within their patient database but it wouldn't surprise me if it fell on deaf ears icon_wink.gif.

also with my little over a year of researching these boards i got the impression that 75% ??“ 80% of unsatisfied patients whether it be drugs or HTs are people of east asian descent.

nothing to prove it with just my observation.

also with my little over a year of researching these boards i got the impression that 75% ??“ 80% of unsatisfied patients whether it be drugs or HTs are people of east asian descent.

Mr GQ,

That's just it. You just *GOT* the impression. (Unless, the members of the forum, who were dissatisfied, confided in you their ethnicity). And unless you have any hard scientific evidence that East Indians have problems in responding to medication or successfulness of a hair transplant surgery, you just have a PERSONAL opinion, not a theory....which is a thought model.

As I mentioned in another thread, proper scientific documentation is necessary by all (particularly on the side of the surgeons who have greater scientific training than the "average joe"). So if the ethnicities of each and every patient are not recorded,by the clinics, then that is a short coming on their part.

BTW, I am partly of East Indian decent, had some initial minor success with medication, but my MPB has continued to advance (and will continue to advance) as it does in all other persons suffering from MPB (of differing ethnicities), and must now pursue more permanent solutions.

take care...

Hello mr GQ

I'm of indian descent and have had better results with propeica in my crown and top than i think anyone that I've ever seen on all the forums. Didn't work in the frontal third though. I think genetics plays an overriding factor when it comes to these things.. diet probably plays little if no role.

you just have a PERSONAL opinion, not a theory....which is a thought model.

the word theory last time i checked in the dictionary is something that has not been proven and it is debatable and the end result could go either way. I appreciate your comments though.

that high fat diet causes more DHT production.

That's interesting. Since DHT is a more potent analog of testosterone, can we associate high fat diet and perhaps persons of heavier stature with stronger sexual drives?

take care...