13 days post op. Couple questions ...

Hi everyone,

I'm currently 13 days post op from my procedure with Dr.Feller (2148 grafts frontal 1/3) - So far all seems to be going well. I do have a several questions though and I hope someone with knowledge/experience could shed some light for me.

1) I have been using Dualgen 15 with PG for the past two years. I stopped approximately 1.5 weeks prior to my surgery. Since I am currently healed (no scabs/redness on scalp) Should I continue to use Dualgen 15 with PG on the recipent area? Will my newly transplanted hairs become "minoxidil dependant?" I have heard/read mixed theories on this subject snd am confused as to what I should do :-/

2) I get my staples out tomorrow and want to buzz down the rest of my hair to match the recipent area. I should be safe to do so correct? If so, can snyone recommend a blade setting?

3) I am still currently using baby shampoo snd being very meticulous with the washing of my scalp. Is it safe to switch back to my normal shampoo Regenepure yet?

I apologize for the noob questions and yes I do have post op instructions. They just seemed to be somewhat vague and I value the opinions of what the forum members have to say.

Thank you guys very much!

Hi everyone,

I'm currently 13 days post op from my procedure with Dr.Feller (2148 grafts frontal 1/3) - So far all seems to be going well. I do have a several questions though and I hope someone with knowledge/experience could shed some light for me.

1) I have been using Dualgen 15 with PG for the past two years. I stopped approximately 1.5 weeks prior to my surgery. Since I am currently healed (no scabs/redness on scalp) Should I continue to use Dualgen 15 with PG on the recipent area? Will my newly transplanted hairs become "minoxidil dependant?" I have heard/read mixed theories on this subject snd am confused as to what I should do :-/

2) I get my staples out tomorrow and want to buzz down the rest of my hair to match the recipent area. I should be safe to do so correct? If so, can snyone recommend a blade setting?

3) I am still currently using baby shampoo snd being very meticulous with the washing of my scalp. Is it safe to switch back to my normal shampoo Regenepure yet?

I apologize for the noob questions and yes I do have post op instructions. They just seemed to be somewhat vague and I value the opinions of what the forum members have to say.

Thank you guys very much!

As far as Q's 2 and 3 are concerned:

2) I think that, at the point that your staples are removed, provided you have healed normally, you should be OK with buzzing at any level as long as your scalp isn't sensitive or in pain to the touch.

3) I think you should be safe switching back since you are beyond 10-days post procedure. Ask you doc if you have any questions since you are getting your staples removed anyways!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.