Can i use minoxidil with toppik on head

karthik19

Hi guys,

I am planning to start off with minoxidil 5% solution. Presently i am using toppik hair concealer to mask my thinning hair.

Now, my question is can i apply minoxidil with toppik in the hair/scalp ?? I dont think i would be able to shampoo my hair twice a day as it would get very cumbersome and also not the best of things to do if hair is already thinning.

Well, i have read a few articles which claims that toppik is absolutely safe and it could be used alongside minox, but the procedure is like apply minox,wait untill it dries and then add toppik.

Cant this process be reversed like applying minox in the night with the toppik that we added in the morning in our hair/scalp ?

Also would that be safe because there might be a possibility of toppik fibers reacting with minox and entering into scalp.

Thank you

Hi guys,

I am planning to start off with minoxidil 5% solution. Presently i am using toppik hair concealer to mask my thinning hair.

Now, my question is can i apply minoxidil with toppik in the hair/scalp ?? I dont think i would be able to shampoo my hair twice a day as it would get very cumbersome and also not the best of things to do if hair is already thinning.

Well, i have read a few articles which claims that toppik is absolutely safe and it could be used alongside minox, but the procedure is like apply minox,wait untill it dries and then add toppik.

Cant this process be reversed like applying minox in the night with the toppik that we added in the morning in our hair/scalp ?

Also would that be safe because there might be a possibility of toppik fibers reacting with minox and entering into scalp.

Thank you

Hi Karthik,

Good question i posted on here a year go asking the same question (here)

I have been using a concealer with Minoxidil for about a year now the same way you have been doing and also washing my hair every 2 days (as recommended) with no problems. But i dont think there is any way around the problem. I have a apray concealer so it turns a little gooey but its still good. I do imagine though that the Minoxidil will dry into the scalp better without the concealer but i have been managing fine.

good luck

regards,

Irish

Current Regime:

Minox liquid 5% twice a day

Proscar 1/4 tab a day

Nizoral every 2nd day

MSM 1000mg a day

Silica 200mg a day

AHS 6 months laser treatment- POOR results

Crescina - no results

IRISH