3.5 months update (Dr Bhatti)

HT @ 28 dec 2013

Total no grafts = 1394

singles = 166

doubles = 503

Triples = 725

taking biotin 5mg , finasteride 1mg daily and also applying minoxidil 2% 3-4 times a week

recipient area is little numb

experiencing severe hair fall ( transplanted hairs as well as native hairs) communicated with Dr Bhatti regarding it, and he said " These are living tissues and will fall and regrow- but you will not loose the roots since they are permanent.

You will have the first result at 5 months post procedure. The hair have now started to enter their respective growth- shedding cycle( Anagen-telogen-catagen phases) "

Sorry for Pic quality its from 3MP mobile CAM :P

here is a link for 2.5 months pics http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174511-2-5-months-update-dr-bhatti.html#post2384910

3.jpg.9e7219dd6fddda9409ba71bb6fad39c8.jpg

1.jpg.bcb37f4bdb662ad6ad2cb8eb7884a6ce.jpg

2.jpg.aea0cc4e76ae6244b8bdfcfb91e4e320.jpg

4.jpg.c277f2b6583d18b650a16fb203934e57.jpg

I think it's looking pretty good, definite improvement compared to previous update

sheds are a pain in the ass and cause for a lot of worry, hope it ends soon for you

Dr. Bhatti has given you good advice, even if you lose hairs to a shed or dandruff etc. they should grow back, and 5 months is when things start to look much better

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Looks like things are coming along nicely. Congratulations! I hope you'll continue to keep us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

gr8 improvement:):):)

seems so but i m also loosing hairs :\

Looks like things are coming along nicely. Congratulations! I hope you'll continue to keep us updated.

ya l will definitely update every month :)

I think it's looking pretty good, definite improvement compared to previous update

sheds are a pain in the ass and cause for a lot of worry, hope it ends soon for you

Dr. Bhatti has given you good advice, even if you lose hairs to a shed or dandruff etc. they should grow back, and 5 months is when things start to look much better

i used to have very sticky(oily) dandruff before HT but now its all gone may be bcoz of finasteride (DHT related problem) ?

I am almost exactly 3.5 months post-op myself, and have experienced significant shedding as well, so I know how unsettling it is. I've found dermatch and Caboki to be decent concealers to help me get through this phase.

@Spartan13

Hi. Have you any experience with Couvre by any chance?

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am almost exactly 3.5 months post-op myself, and have experienced significant shedding as well, so I know how unsettling it is. I've found dermatch and Caboki to be decent concealers to help me get through this phase.

dont u think 100-110 days is too early for hair shedding cycle ?

@Spartan13

Hi. Have you any experience with Couvre by any chance?

A little bit. I tried it out years ago when my hair loss wasn't very advanced, and even then I found it to be a little thick and it did have a strong scent to it as well. Right now I'm just trying to replicate my pre-op look, which was some thining in the front, so my goal is just to "dirty up" my scalp a little bit. Couvre would make my scalp/hair much darker than I was originally which would look a little too off, IMO.

dont u think 100-110 days is too early for hair shedding cycle ?

Well, my "shedding cycle" was technically severe shockloss from the trauma of surgery, so no...I don't feel like it was too early. In fact, I posted about my shockloss in another thread and people were surprised that I was still dropping such large clumps of hair 90 days out from surgery. Fortunately it has stopped shedding the past two weeks (I mean beyond my normal pre-op amount), so I'm hopeful the worst is behind me. I just have to wait it out the next few months or so and hope that some of my shock-lost hair returns and that my HT takes.

• 3 weeks later...

@ Spartan13

Oh, okay. So it sounds like Caboki is doing the job in terms of minimizing any signs of shock loss and the surgery. I am happy that the shedding seems to have subsided. The worst part of having surgery is dealing with the effects of shock loss. Thanks for speaking with me about such a discouraging subject.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians