Ice Pack Concern Post Op

So the day of the surgery, after I got out, I had made the mistake of ice packing my graft area. I was very careful and gentle when applying the ice pack. I never rubbed my head with it, just gently pressed it to the grafts. After doing research, I am reading to never touch grafts with an ice pack, and its only for the forehead. I'm wondering if I possibly dislodged any grafts, or the cold damaged them? I didn't experience any bleeding due to the ice pack, so hopefully not. Any input as to whether I ruined my grafts?

Thanks

ShawnG101

Sounds like your ok. I made the mistake of using an icepack incorrectly and lost 3 or 4 grafts, I knew they had come out as they bleed quite a lot, i could also see them. Fortunatley It was day one of a two day procedure, fair to say I didn't do it again...

Edited by nick72
poor grammer

Thanks for the responses guys, I do feel a bit better. There were two random websites however mentioning that the coldness of an ice pack can cause a loss of viability in the grafts, and kill the grafts. I'm hoping that's only with prolonged use. I used the ice pack for ten minutes every couple hours for one day...yikes...