Itching in donor area years after hair transplant.

It has been awhile since I have posted on this forum.. I hope everyone is doing well.. Has anyone experienced severe itching in there donor area a few years after having a hair transplant with strip surgery? I am getting severe itching right around my donor area scar several times a day.. Sometimes it goes away. But when it gets itchy it is really annoying. I try to get used to it.. When I had my surgery acell was used in the donor scar.. Also I did have temporary SMP on the scar.. I tried putting hydrocortisone cream on the scar area but that dosen't seem to do anything for the itching. I am thinking about getting fue but am very cautious about doing this due to the fact of the itching that I am getting in my donor area from the strip surgery.. Has anyone encountered this problem with fue in there donor area as well after a few years of having surgery? The last surgery I had was January of 2011. I had the temporary SMP about 1 year ago.

Edited by formertrackstar

It has been awhile since I have posted on this forum.. I hope everyone is doing well.. Has anyone experienced severe itching in there donor area a few years after having a hair transplant with strip surgery? I am getting severe itching right around my donor area scar several times a day.. Sometimes it goes away. But when it gets itchy it is really annoying. I try to get used to it.. When I had my surgery acell was used in the donor scar.. Also I did have temporary SMP on the scar.. I tried putting hydrocortisone cream on the scar area but that dosen't seem to do anything for the itching. I am thinking about getting fue but am very cautious about doing this due to the fact of the itching that I am getting in my donor area from the strip surgery.. Has anyone encountered this problem with fue in there donor area as well after a few years of having surgery? The last surgery I had was January of 2011. I had the temporary SMP about 1 year ago.

it's just the scar tissue contracting and remodeling

yes this process occurs years after a wound

there are nerve endings all around scars, itching comes from stimulation of those endings.

In early healing, such stimulation can come from the processes of healing itself.

But later, the mechanical stretching of scar tissue next to normal tissues can stimulate nerve endings and cause an itching sensation. since you had tattoo-ing into the scar this definitely added to the stimulation

DEFINITELY!

too much HC can thin the skin

it's the nerve endings so quit the HC

maybe some numbing cream if it is really that bad or internal nerve sedative if you can't function.

nothing to worry about though

get the fue

you'll be fine