Can Androcur stop working?

cimbom

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether Androcur can stop working after being on it for a long period.? I've been on it for about 9-10 years and over the last two months, have noticed a sudden increase in shedding (which was quite stable prior to this).

I'm wondering if this means I need to change to another drug (thinking Propecia or maybe spironolactone) or increase my dose? I'm finding it very difficult to find a doctor to speak to who actually has a reasonable amount of knowledge about hair loss.

not sure, most of us here are more well-versed in Finasteride and MPB.

we sometimes discuss the long term effectiveness of Fin and published medical reports

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173055-10-year-finasteride-study.html

maybe there are some on this med as well (?)

from my limited google search seems Androcur works for female hairloss by reducing testosterone levels, have you had your T-levels checked by your doctor?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I am hoping to get it checked this week. I have a suspicion that it might not be working properly as there is a particular side effect I was getting that I haven't been getting for a while

Just got my results and they are normal. I have no idea what to do or why on Earth it would be stable for 10 years and then increase significantly a year after I get into debt to pay for HT surgery! This is so overwhelming :(

even with the male hair meds and treatments it's a roller coaster ride with growth spurts and also painful sheds etc.

hopefully they'll come out with more stable hair loss treatments soon, stay strong

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Maybe I'm being too hopeful but it seems like it may be something more than what I was experiencing before, as previously the hairs were miniaturizing but now the hairs that are shedding are the really good, thick strong hairs which is weird. Could other health problems (outside of vitamin deficiency) possible be the cause?

It's just a weird head space to be in as I was previously OK with it as it had stabilized and I had the HT surgery so thought time was on my side. It's a bit painful to still be paying for the surgery while dealing with high levels of shedding again. I wonder if Propecia would help? I was given the OK to take it by one doctor who said it's fine if taken under medical supervision but every other doctor I've spoken to is against it.