2800 grafts FUT transplant with Dr Batra

ash809

All,

I am 27 year old guy with norwood scale of level VI baldness. I had been to couple of surgeons before but was told that i wasn't an ideal candidate for HT.

But i had been to Dr. Batra's clinic in Hyderabad,India and they said that i could get my HT done in multiple sessions. So i got my first HT done with 2800 grafts implanted with FUT method. Its been 2 months now

I have couple of concerns/queries

1) Since am no high end of baldness and my donor area is not much, Is it a problem for me to go for second hair transplant?

2) And, How long should i wait before i can think of getting my second HT done?

3) For my second HT, surgeon had suggested to have body hair and beard hair transplanted as well, How good are these if i had to opt for such methods?

Thanks alot in advance for your valuable inputs.

To the best of my knowledge, i don't think Batra's are that all good with HT...even as far as by the reviews too go by. My two cents would be to do some more due diligence and pick out the better.

You might want to refer this too

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167460-hair-transplant.html

I am from India and have been to Batra's for hair loss (not HT though) with no useful results.

The recommended ones in India are here http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list.asp?StateAbr=IND

One of them is in Hyderabad which should be of your interest..

And to answer your queries...with NW V1 i am unsure if a second HT is viable albeit not completely impossible. Will leave it to the veterans here to give a shot at.

Hi AllisWell,

I actually wasn't sure but couple of my friends had done the surgery and they had satisfactory results which prompted me to approach them.

I know that their homeopathy medication doesn't help at all. But i heard their HT is quite good and that prompted me to go for the surgery.

Anyway i have decided to wait for 6-8 months to see how these implanted hair grow and then decide on going for second HT.

Any other remarks/reviews would be really helpful.

To the very least, one year has to elapse before the second HT. Just wait for the final result of HT1...atleast 10 months.You should be having a clue on where you are going to head with the progress you see.

And considering that you are(were) in NW VI and your donor area isn't sufficient, by that time you can conclude if there is any real need to go for a second innings.

Do you have some pics that can speak for you?