Dr. Lindsey Trichophytic scar video

• 1 month later...

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Account Login

This thread discusses and shows several examples of tricho closure.

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi Dr. Lindsey,

Great video... Lets say you have a "U" scar from ear to ear would a tricho scar revision pehaps work better if only 1/2 the scar was done per session. Lets says session one: work on scar from the left ear down to the back of the head. Scar repair from right ear down to the back of the head.

Second maybe several months later... repairing the linear scar back of the head? What are your thoughts?

Thanks

I'm not sure that I totally understand your question, but we had a good case a few years back, posted by me, something like "scar revision case 2 in black male by Dr. Lindsey" maybe in 2010 or so...

He was a very nice bodybuilder who had a small keloid which nobody ever saw due to his dense afro....but he wanted it out. So we did half and then waited 3 or 4 months and did the other half and he turned out great. I'm guessing you wanted to know if we ever did half now and half later. About the same time I posted my second black guy FUE case on a nice fellow who had a slightly wide scar and a crew cut due to his military career...we fue'd him. I believe he also did well and then about 2 years later went back to the same strip guy who'd done him before and got another strip case, this time resulting in a keloid...I haven't seen him since he came in to ask what he should do.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Lindsey

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 5 weeks later...

So here is a picture I took at a 6 week scar check on a football player with a mixed scar history....he has a normal scar on one knee, a hypertrophic scar on the other. And a keloid on his mustache area....almost unheard of (and I published a paper on keloid treatment in the 90s). I told him he was at increased risk for scar problems, showed him lots of pictures, sent him home to decide....

We did a standard strip with tricho closure 6 weeks ago. Here is the view. Probably the best scar in a black guy's head from HT that I've ever either done or seen. His scar is thinner than the wrinkles on my thumb...and he's cut his hair (I told him to leave it 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch long for several months). Certainly a combination of good technique, luck, postop scar care, and luck....not his inherent genetic scar potential.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

20.jpg.517441d13de4673811b05f107d15eb4c.jpg

23.jpg.f623f905e7585fd0ed63e3dcb7896726.jpg

McLean, VA

That really is impressive doc.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks, but give some of the credit on that nice scar to him...just as I would give some of the credit on a bad scar to him as well (knee and mustache keloids).

Thanks

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

McLean, VA