Hair system fitting booked, need advice

ollie0074

Hello

Ok so after years of blow drying and extensions I've finally decided to book to have total cover plus. Had my consultation last week and its seems positive, but i just want to make sure i'm doing the right thing.

My hair is receding and I've been hiding it quite well with a fringe and having extensions so they said i would only need to have a system fitted to the front of my head by cutting the system in half.

But obviously i'm worried its going to look fake, as i'm sure everyone whose ever got a system worries about. I have light blonde hair so i'm hoping that will help make the front look less detectable then if i was dark.

Basically i think i need reassurance that total cover plus is considered the best in systems in the uk at the moment? would that be true?

Just want to make sure there's not another one out there that's considered much better.

thanks for any advice you can offer

Ollie

• 2 weeks later...

I had a bad experience with Total Cover Plus as I outlined in the other thread.

The guy I went to, Paul Anthony in Manchester, mucked the whole thing up and was very unprofessional leaving a bad taste in my mouth regarding the company.

Several months since then I received a call from someone at Total Cover Plus advising me that they have got rid of Paul Anthony because of complaints about him and they apologised for this. They offered me a discount on a new system which I haven't taken up because I am happy getting my systems elsewhere now but the chat I had with the guy did impress me.

I'd like to think that they keep a closer eye on their franchises now and would be worth trying.

There isn't a definitive "best" out there that I am aware of.

I had a bad experience with Total Cover Plus as I outlined in the other thread.

The guy I went to, Paul Anthony in Manchester, mucked the whole thing up and was very unprofessional leaving a bad taste in my mouth regarding the company.

Several months since then I received a call from someone at Total Cover Plus advising me that they have got rid of Paul Anthony because of complaints about him and they apologised for this. They offered me a discount on a new system which I haven't taken up because I am happy getting my systems elsewhere now but the chat I had with the guy did impress me.

I'd like to think that they keep a closer eye on their franchises now and would be worth trying.

There isn't a definitive "best" out there that I am aware of.

Argh is that why he wasn't with anymore, told me he just left :(

Just had mine fitted and im feeling awful.

Part of me just wants to take it off and shave my head

Sorry Ollie didn't mean to ignore your post,

My only advice would be careful of the thickeness, my system is too thick.

I've just posted in a previous topic regarding this, how even though It looks good, it looks too thick, and friends are going to know that i've got something going on!

Just had mine fitted and im feeling awful.

Part of me just wants to take it off and shave my head

what's the problem?

how long has it been on?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I tried the Hair Club For Men back several years ago. And yes it is a shock to go from thining hair to having some really nice density. From the limited pictures I think your system looks pretty good because you didn't try to do too much. Since this must have been a major decision for you and you now have "pulled the trigger", I would give it a fair chance, give it some time (at least a month or two) and see if it works with your lifestyle, and meets your expectations.

My head is so itchy - is this normal?

If I remember correctly it does itch at first.

Did they shave down completely the hair the system covers?

If I remember correctly it does itch at first.

Did they shave down completely the hair the system covers?

As mentioned in previous post i'm going on holiday for a week tomorrow, it's going to be in the 30's plus.

I was given anything to re-bond if the system comes loose meaning I also canmt take it off to clean.

Regretting it sadly

As mentioned in previous post i'm going on holiday for a week tomorrow, it's going to be in the 30's plus.

I was given anything to re-bond if the system comes loose meaning I also canmt take it off to clean.

Regretting it sadly

Hi ThinningWelsh, just read your post, I'm sorry to read your experience hasn't been pleasant either.

I've been wearing for about 4 months now. I've put a more detailed report elsewhere on this forum but I'm pretty damn happy now. My system is from a place in London so there is a bit of a trek for re-bonds and the expense is more than I'd hoped but I'm 100% comfortable wearing and I'm sure none of my mates etc suspect I'm wearing.

The system I wear is about twice as thick as Totalcoverplus' contact skin but lasts longer. It is itchy occasionally, I don't think there is any way around that.

I felt really disheartened after my original experience with Totalcoverplus but so glad I continued down this route. I feel so much more like myself with my "hair" back and more confident. I hope this doesn't sound like bullshit because it genuinely isn't, but I had been single ever since my hair started thinning, I had my system fitted in November and in December I met my current girlfriend. That's how much of an impact it has had on my life. She doesn't care I wear hair btw.

Hi ThinningWelsh, just read your post, I'm sorry to read your experience hasn't been pleasant either.

I've been wearing for about 4 months now. I've put a more detailed report elsewhere on this forum but I'm pretty damn happy now. My system is from a place in London so there is a bit of a trek for re-bonds and the expense is more than I'd hoped but I'm 100% comfortable wearing and I'm sure none of my mates etc suspect I'm wearing.

The system I wear is about twice as thick as Totalcoverplus' contact skin but lasts longer. It is itchy occasionally, I don't think there is any way around that.

I felt really disheartened after my original experience with Totalcoverplus but so glad I continued down this route. I feel so much more like myself with my "hair" back and more confident. I hope this doesn't sound like bullshit because it genuinely isn't, but I had been single ever since my hair started thinning, I had my system fitted in November and in December I met my current girlfriend. That's how much of an impact it has had on my life. She doesn't care I wear hair btw.

I feel so uncomfortable - just had a shower and was careful with washing, it was lifting a bit last night but it's worse now and i have no bond to stick it back down and off on holiday tomorrow.

I thought that by washing it (i asked before hand washing was ok) would get rid of the bounce and i could flatten it a bit.

I wanted it to look as natural as possible, and even though in a lot of photos my hair looks thicker due to the fibres, this system makes my hair look so thick and obvious, i've tried to style it the way my hair normally goes but when i do you can just see where the system is fitted.

Seriously just considering shaving it off as i can't risk going away 1. Feeling paranoid about the way it looks, 2. The possibility of it lifting and me not being able to do anything about it.

I'm glad your happy with yours, i just wished he hadn't of shaved my head least I could've gone back to the fibres.

My hair was thin down the middle of my hair and quite a bit at the back, buy i had good thickenss on sides and sides of the top of my head.

?388 and petrol to drive to manchester from wales and back again just to end up shaving my head?!

I paid ?300 for the TCP system and I pulled it off 5 minutes after I got home.

Not only that but I spent 3/4 months growing my hair at the sides (I used to shave completely) and wearing a baseball cap 24/7 including at work, while I told people I was taking meds to grow my hair. After spending that much time and money, going into work the week after I had taken off the system and shaved my head again, I felt so depressed.

I wish I could wear a cap at work! I'm a nurse so no can do there!

Yeah i'm just gutted that he shaved my head, i could of least put the fibres back on.

I had it cut today to try thin it out, bloke at hairdressers was great and it looks better but still too thick.

If he cut it anymore it would've been obvious that the system was there.

It feels awful too, feels like a wig, - i'm probably gonna shave it.

Can't see it lasting a week in egypt, with the sun.

And as mentioned i've got no bonding glue...

Paul said just to leave it and see him in two weeks when im back in manchester.

So frustrated!

sounds like you did not go to a full service shop

that provide hairdressers that deal with systems fulltime?

and that provide all the needed supplies

Yeah i'm just gutted that he shaved my head,

were you not aware that when you get a system they shave the top of your head?

when you refer to the "glue" do you mean the adhesive/tape used just at the front?

sounds like you did not go to a full service shop

that provide hairdressers that deal with systems fulltime?

and that provide all the needed supplies

were you not aware that when you get a system they shave the top of your head?

when you refer to the "glue" do you mean the adhesive/tape used just at the front?

I did my research (on this site) before hand and heard good things, he seemed to know what he was talking about & he wears one himself.

Yeah it's called 'ghost bond' the one he suggested but no he didn't give me one just told me where to buy them online.

Maybe he didn't as he offered to rebond it and clean it when I drive back up to Manchester in two weeks.

As i've said, can't see it lasting that long, nor with a week in the sun.

For now it's still on... I'm off on holiday tomorrow.. See how i go, i'm taking my razor just in case but yeah i'm probably gonna shave my head now, if not while i'm away, then when I get back and before I go to work, as it just too thick, the system feels dry and makes a sound when you touch it, and I don't want to have the convo of 'what have you done'

Ah well lesson learnt, expensive one but learnt all the same

At Hair Club they supplied plenty of extra "tape" and adhesive. My Hair Club hairdresser was (a hot babe) very experienced and skilled at making the cut just right. It actually looked very good, but I just could never get used to wearing a wig. Wearing a system is not for everybody, but I think you should give it at least a month before you decide to remove it. Give it a fair chance. You are still in shock going through the adjustment period. Best of luck and hope you can relax on your vacation.

At Hair Club they supplied plenty of extra "tape" and adhesive. My Hair Club hairdresser was (a hot babe) very experienced and skilled at making the cut just right. It actually looked very good, but I just could never get used to wearing a wig. Wearing a system is not for everybody, but I think you should give it at least a month before you decide to remove it. Give it a fair chance. You are still in shock going through the adjustment period. Best of luck and hope you can relax on your vacation.

Cheers :)

One thing - whats the best way to care for it, i know you cant wash it too much, but its already feeling like straw