Buzz cuts, clippers, shampoos, workout

Hey guys and gals,

I'm 12 days post-FUE and had some questions about various topics.

I started doing a buzz cut about 3.5 years ago after I thought that it would just look better with my thinning. Lately I had been buzzing without the guard and my doc said to avoid that for the time being. I guess I'll go to a 2 now, but I'm wondering what some opinions are on how long to wait to buzz. The tech shaved completely, so I'm still pretty short, but I'm going to start getting antsy in about another week to buzz since the shock loss will probably be kicking in and I'm just used to having the buzz about once a week on a 1 or no guard. As the months go by I'll probably start incrementing the guard number. Is 3 weeks ok to start buzzing again?

What clippers are you guys using? I have a Norelco with a pivoting head that I really liked to use without the guard, and I also have a classic Wahl that seems to work better with the guard, but is heavy and not wireless. The Norelco is light and wireless. I have my wife do the clipping because it seems awkward for me doing the back of the head.

My surgeon gave me some shampoo and conditioner called D | Fine (**outside link removed by moderator**) that contains glycolic acid and aloe vera. I'm pretty sure I've suffered from Seborrheic dermatitis in the past and maybe now even, so those ingredients sound good. The glycolic acid to make sure there's no build up and the aloe vera for soothing. But my doc is affiliated with that company in some manner, so I'm always a little wary of those situations. What are others using post HT and what do you continue to use after your recovery period? I might just keep on using baby shampoo for another week or two.

I know there's a separate discussion area for working out, but I thought I would throw out some ideas about working out post-HT since I'm already here. I was told very light workout (no sweating after first week), and I can go back to a full work out after two weeks. I sweat a lot though when I work out and worried about the stress that the body goes through when going heavy with things like dead lifts, squats, leg presses, etc. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for any suggestions and comments.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Im in a similar situation to you. Been researching alot on shampoos, and ive decided to go with a 'natural' shampoo that doesn't have sulfates (SLS) or silicon in. (Body Shop for example)

A recent study showed Johnson Baby Shampoo to have formaldehyde in (Not to mention SLS) - so i wouldn't fall for the 'baby' label.

Im curious about buzzing my hair soon aswell. Im also tempted to let it grow and return to hopefully as it was before. I dont see that buzzing with a guard of some sort on will do any harm.