DR Devroye in Brussels

Pilato

One Year on and Looking Good!

My surgery with Dr Devroye and his team took place in February 2013, in his new and stylish clinic in Brussels. I was honoured to be the first person to have a hair transplant within his new modern facilities.

I decided to go for a consultation with Dr. Devroye in August 2012 in Brussels in preparation for my transplant in February 2013. I was obviously very nervous before the consultation, but Dr Devroye put my mind at ease immediately. He was very thorough and was happy to answer all my questions. At first, I questioned why I was going to another country for a hair transplant, when I quite easily could’ve taken a half an hour train journey in to London to a clinic in my own city. It was certainly one of the best decisions I have ever made.

The consultation was very encouraging as Dr Devroye believed he could achieve between 3000 and 3500 grafts. This was quite exciting and he explained clearly the likely outcome of the transplant. His English is excellent and this was very helpful as I was completely clear on what he was proposing. Dr Devroye also examined my existing hair in order to discuss the likelihood of achieving an optimum result.

The day before surgery, my wife and I went to Brussels via the Eurostar and we took the time to experience the city of Brussels before checking in to the recommended hotel which is paid for by Dr Devroye as part of your fee. The next morning we arrived at the new modern and stylish clinic and had a brief discussion of what was going to happen throughout the day. Dr Devroye answered any last minute questions that I had and he reassured me about what to expect. I was very nervous about the formation of the hairline and he made sure I was happy with it, along with my wife’s approval.

Dr. Devroye wasted no time as he marked out my new hairline and made sure I was happy with it. The procedure was a total of 10 hours and I was comfortable and looked after throughout the day. The staff at the clinic were very nice and your care and comfort is their priority

Dr Devroye ensured that the donor strip of hair to be used for transplant was very carefully extracted. As soon as the strip was harvested, Dr Devroye’s team started working on achieving as many grafts as possible. Before I knew it the grafts were being transplanted to my bald scalp. It was just incredible that I didn’t feel a thing. I was very impressed how Dr Devroye and his team were very precise in transplanting every single graft.

The staff continuously asked me if I needed a drink or anaesthetic and gave me a menu of what I could order for lunch. There were sugary snacks and soft drinks available throughout the day to keep my energy levels up. My wife was also well looked after and she had access to her own private TV room, magazines and kitchen facilities. It was quite satisfying to know that my wife was being catered for throughout the day.

After the surgery, we went back to the hotel and ensured that I followed the post surgery instructions. I had to keep spraying my hair every 15 minutes throughout the night. I remember setting my alarm on my phone to go off all evening. I was also sure that I took the prescribed medication to ensure a complete postoperative experience.

The sutures came out the next day and everyone seemed pleased with the result. Dr. Devroye took a few more pictures and seemed delighted with the work he and his team had done - as was I!

I healed very well over the next few weeks and I didn't have many hairs falling out at all as I was expecting. Instead, the transplanted hairs just grew - I believe this is because of the care given by Dr Devroye and his team. Moreover, there was hardly any soreness or redness. The scar at the back of my head was also very tidy and I couldn’t see or feel it with my hair length at about 1 inch long.

One year on, I am very happy with the outcome, so much so that I will be going back to Dr. Devroye in July 2014 to have another 3000 grafts transplanted in the remaining bald area. I am much more confident in my appearance as a result of my HT and I can’t wait to have further coverage. Thank you Dr Devroye.

Pilato,

Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.