Your Input Requested on the “Hair Now” App for iPhone by Dr. Parsa Mohebi

TakingThePlunge

Recently, recommended hair transplant surgeon Dr. Parsa Mohebi introduced an interesting new iPhone app called "Hair Now". The app allows hair loss sufferers to upload their photo and "try on" a hair transplant in order to visualize what they might look like after hair restoration surgery.

Hair Now is available now from the iTunes App Store. For more about Dr. Mohebi's Hair Now App, check out our article at the Hair Loss Q&A Blog,

Get the New Free “Hair Now” App for the iPhone to see if Hair Transplant Surgery is Right for You

If you've got an iPhone, you are encouraged to give it a try and contribute your feedback to this discussion thread.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks David,

My patients have been asking me about some sort of software that can help them visualize what they can expect from a hair transplant for years. I decided to make the app as a response to this need. We used real pictures from our previous patients in the app. We tried to put many before and after pictures from a variety of hair loss classes and hair characteristics.

Hair loss patients can take their own picture in this hair transplant app. They can spend some time to find the best hair for their class of baldness and hair characteristics and finally send their before and (virtual) after picture to someone for a consultation.

The hope is that we can add more pictures so the patient have more choices in the future. We are also planning to include pictures from other hair transplant surgeons so we have more diversity in the choices in the future.

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration

Dr. Parsa Mohebi is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Hi All,

I just tried the Hair Now app and found a hairstyle that I liked. I was able to successfully add that hairstyle to my bald (pre-transplant) pic. Check out the results.. I think this is a pretty useful app for people who want a preview of what they can expect from a hair transplant procedure.

f you get more hairstyle on there.

Dr Mohebi, I was your patient in Oct 2012 and and am very happy with the results... but I do not see my own AFTER pic on your app.. Do you plan on putting some more hairstyles on the app - I don't mind if you use my After Result also.

(my initial plan was to add my own Post-Hair Transplant hairstyle onto my bald pic and see what it looks like, haha).

Anyway, pretty good app and I'd love to check out future versions. Anyone have any thoughts on my uploaded Hair Now generated pic VS. pics of my actual results? Seems pretty close to what I have now (post-actual transplant).. though I still think my Actual hair is better.. Thanks Dr Mohebi for the good work!

Paulygon

5b32dd6dbce07_magichair-Copy.png.8b2baecd286a8ec019beeb07463123ff.png

5b32dd6de0252_BALDNOT3-Copy.gif.921891dff0d6e3d19144101e0aedfa2b.gif

Edited by Paulygon

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

seems like a fun app and would like to see some more aggressive cases

I enjoyed it

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi Paulygon,

I like what you did with our hair transplant app.

I agree with you that your real after picture is better. I think the reason for it is that I have given you a more mature hairline rather than what you can see in the app generated hairline that is too low.

A more proportional face is always better looking!

5b32dd6e78d1e_HTNhairtransplantiphoneapppictures.jpg.c2434d8a98cc885c403585f294b48904.jpg

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration

Dr. Parsa Mohebi is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network