3500 FUT with Dr. Bessam Farjo in Manchester

Mathematica

Hello,

I'm a new member and had 3500 FUT with Farjo in Manchester. I had a consultation and a WEEK later the op, I was given a good price due to someone else cancelling. I did some research but not too much as it was boring! Farjo has a very good reputation, could not find bad reviews of him.

It all went well and now I must wait and wait! It's the waiting which is hard and all kinds of things go through my mind. I hope it works out for me and everyone else who goes through a HT.

Finally, it really is less painful that being seen to by a dentist!

Edited by Mathematica
accuracy

Mathematica,

Welcome and thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Dr. Farjo. I've taken the liberty of moving your post to a new thread dedicated to your case. I hope you'll continue to update us on your progress and share some photos with us.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Can you share the Farjo results that convinced you to go there?

Farjo has bad reviews as do all surgeons. A quick google is all it takes.

What has always worried me is the lack of any great results from either of them. Yet they are recommended on this site.

Lorenzo seems to be better than both of them!

I decided not to go abroad as it's too much hassle and there is little to choose between the REPUTABLE docs. It's the poor ones whom one ought to avoid. I did several 'Googles' and found negative as well as positive results for any given doc. I did a few weeks research which is enough to know which clinics to avoid.

I am 46 and know what to expect of a HT, I had good donor density and measured my scalp, did a few sums and 3500 FUT (approx 7500 hairs) would give a reasonable density in the transplanted area. I'm realistic, the covering will not be very dense but it will be good enough (I hope), I am pretty confident that at worst I'll have an acceptable result, my main objective was to avoid a bad result and with Farjo I figured that the probability of that happening was pretty low.

my main criteria for choosing a doc were:

1) Does only HT

2) Has done several thousand HT

3) Is a member relevant professional bodies

4) Is passionate about HT

5) Has been in the business for over 10 years

6) Has largely positive reviews

7) Is in the UK (I can't handle the hassle of going abroad, not even for hair!)

Shiner, you are right about Lorenzo. During my research he kept coming out with good feedback.

Best Regards

Mathematica