Hair problem - can you help?

I have long hair down to my ankles but one side of my hair has become matted so badly that it has tangled to a tight knot which has to be cut off to my chin. I still have half a head of long hair on the other side and do not want to cut it. Can anyone suggest what I can do to make both sides blend in. I have been thinking about hair extensions but do not want anything which will pull out my existing hair from the roots. Which methods will allow me to grow my hair without any trauma?

I have long hair down to my ankles but one side of my hair has become matted so badly that it has tangled to a tight knot which has to be cut off to my chin. I still have half a head of long hair on the other side and do not want to cut it. Can anyone suggest what I can do to make both sides blend in. I have been thinking about hair extensions but do not want anything which will pull out my existing hair from the roots. Which methods will allow me to grow my hair without any trauma?

I think extensions or simply cutting your hair even and letting it grow again is your move. Just don't allow your luscious, flowing lion's mane to become *too* thick and get matted again. icon_smile.gif This isn't exactly the hair restoration dilemma we're used to seeing...

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!