Biotine 5mg and Body Fat Gain

cloudy

I've been taking biotin for 2 and half months since the HT procedure. 5mg daily.

I am a recreational sportsman and always had body fat between 14.5% in summer and 17.5% in winter. I measure it on a electronic home weight scale which is OK for 'around' measurements.

It's been quite a while since I measure body fat on my weight scale and today I was very surprised!

29.1%!!

WTF? I am 77kg, 181cm, normal for my proportions is around 18%, everything over is excessive.

Can this be because of Biotin high dosage of 5mg?

Except being stupid I made a honest mistake. Since I am sharing electronic weight scale with my sister, she changed to mode with my body parameters to hers! I was using hers and scale was measuring like it was her. Horrible experience!

Please read this because there is no side effects with biotin! I will delete the post soon to make no confusion. Sorry!

New measurements for my body were 15% of body fat and 58.7% water, that is OK, looks to me that biotin actually decreased body fat. I was expecting arounf 16-17% since it's winter.

• 2 years later...
If you want to control your body fat in just a couple of weeks then I would highly recommend getting treatment from a reputed Mississauga acupuncturist. He is an expert in providing treatments for fat loss. I too got my treatment from him.

...or, why not try the less expensive, mathematically proven way of losing weight, by expending more calories than you consume....:P