21 year old, contemplating ht

I'm 21 years old and have noticed my hair receding since i was about 16. Recently i've been balding at a fast rate. I am a class 5 balding, with a receding hairline and overall thinning on top. I've gone for a consultation at Bosley, but i really don't know of any other surgeons, and from what i've read on these posts, most don't recommend bosley. My hair loss has really hurt my confidence, i am a good looking guy and have a lot of other things going for me, but my hair loss is really affecting me and bothering me because i am still so young. I live in Miami, Fl so if anyone knows of any really good surgeons in florida, that would be great, along with any other information concerning my hair loss. I was also wondering, because i currently shave my head, what is the minimum length that the hair must be to perform a ht.

I'm 21 years old and have noticed my hair receding since i was about 16. Recently i've been balding at a fast rate. I am a class 5 balding, with a receding hairline and overall thinning on top. I've gone for a consultation at Bosley, but i really don't know of any other surgeons, and from what i've read on these posts, most don't recommend bosley. My hair loss has really hurt my confidence, i am a good looking guy and have a lot of other things going for me, but my hair loss is really affecting me and bothering me because i am still so young. I live in Miami, Fl so if anyone knows of any really good surgeons in florida, that would be great, along with any other information concerning my hair loss. I was also wondering, because i currently shave my head, what is the minimum length that the hair must be to perform a ht.

DO NOT GET A HAIR TRANSPLANT WITH BOSLEY!!!

A lot of HT doctors have made a fortune doing repair work for Bosley patients. Stay away from Bosley. There is a website, bosleymedicalviolations, that you should see.

You are only 21. Work hard, save your money, then find the best doctor you can regardless of location. Picking something close to home for convenience could be the biggest mistake you'll ever make in your life.

Being naturally bald looks a hell of a lot better than a bad transplant. Don't do anything foolish. I saw a guy once with an island of thick hair on the top of his head with nothing else around it. Obviously a bad transplant. I felt bad for him.

If you want to find out if there is anyone good in your area, contact a dermatologist and ask them if they can recommend a hair transplant surgeon whose work they've seen.

A referral from a knowledgeable doctor isn't a bad place to start.

I've heard many great things about Dr. Jeffrey Epstein, who practices right there in Miami. Thats real tough luck, being a NW 5 at 21, i feel for you.

As far as Dr. Epstien goes, (his name is spelled one of the two ways i spelled it). He even has some posts on this forum, but I cant remember where they are. Look around, you should find them. By the way, he's also high on my list for a consultation.

Hope this helps.

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

If you need a Doc, in Florida check Dr,Paul Rose he did an absolute unbelievable job on my ht 7months ago.. I heard DR Chales does excelent from other members and also my Brother had him as his Doc.

futballer,

also, if youre in Miami, you may not have heard much about this doc on here yet, but hes located in Boca Raton and he is the first volunteer to administer the first "free HT" from the essay. Dr. Glenn Charles.

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

futballer,

Don't rush into a transpant with Bosley, or anyone else. Go to lots of consultations and pay attention to the answers and attitudes you get from the doctors and sales people.

People on this forum will tell you to make an intelligent decision, and not to "hear what you want to hear". This is good advice, but easier said than done. But again, keep reading, asking and shopping.

What did they have to say at Bosley, anyway?

well at bosley they told me they could give me a great ht, and they really encouraged me to get started on propecia, but the thing is i really don't have anyone to compare bosley to, so i guess i need to get started with some consultations at other places

Futballer: You are lucky to have a superstar HT doctor right in Miami. I'm talking about doctor Jeffrey Epstein. I had a HT done by him about 9 weeks ago and IMO he truely lives up to his great reputation. He's highly skilled, artistic and passionate about his work and has a terrific staff of very experienced, skilled technicians. My experience with Doc Epstein has been totally positive--I'm glad I decided to choose him and I truely believe that you couldn't make a better choice than to go with Epstein as well. I had to travel from Michigan, but it was well worth it. I did a lot of research on this and other forums before I made my choice and you should too but here again,I must say, I believe you have one of the best HT doctors right in your back yard.