PLZ HELP :Testosterone level: 563.78 ng/dl, shall i start finasteride

Ruchin

Hello all,

I am an Asian-Indian of 25 years of age. I started loosing my hair since last 6 years i guess. And today I am in a situation, where my vertex, has gone deeper, and the scalp of my crown is clearly visible from back. Though i have some hair over there(which i can assume that the follicles wont be dead there).

Later I came to know about minox a year back, and started using it. I did found some positive results, Lets say at vertex, i got very thing minute and tiny blonde hairs, which can be noticeable in sunlight or flash. I was expecting them to grow and mature but they never did.

I consulted the physician, too, She asked me to check my 2nd generation testosterone content. Which as per report is 563.78 ng/dl. She has suggested me, 0.5 mg of finax, every day in morning.

Factfully, I have read a lot lot about side effects of finasteride, esp. lower sex drive, ED all and that is scaring me to hell. I am yet to marry :P

Can you suggest me, whether to start my dosage or not.

I have read many many blogs on this subject, and all user review shows negavite side effects. Where as the papers say only 2 percent of finax users suffer from side effects. How many users would be there who have used finasteride over years and have healthy sex life.

I apologize if there is any language mistake, English is not my mother tongue.

PLEASE HELP

finasteride yes can cause decreased libido in some.....not so much in others and the degrees vary....i personally was on for a good five years, didnt like the effects and have been off for three.....it does take some time i found for your body to get back to normal but ive never felt better....Fin was a bad drug for me, felt crummy most of the time ......but youll have to try it out and see for yourself...

some are lucky and some arent........just like losing our hair in the first place

Start it, worst case scenario you can stop. You can also take Dutasteride if you want something stronger.

also testosterone level doesn't mean to much, some women even experience androgen alopecia with their minimal T levels, it's more sensitivity I think

Transhair and traps : thank you for your valuable feedback. Well i checked on testosterone coz, i just want to keep a check on the effect of finax on me testosterone level. I mean if it remains same afta 3 month of consumption.. its fine to continue my course.. if it increases the level to 600 or 630.. it would be better to continue.. but lets say if it decreases the testo content. Afta 3 months of intake of finax.. i would have to think about continuing on meds or not

finasteride yes can cause decreased libido in some.....not so much in others and the degrees vary....i personally was on for a good five years, didnt like the effects and have been off for three.....it does take some time i found for your body to get back to normal but ive never felt better....Fin was a bad drug for me, felt crummy most of the time ......but youll have to try it out and see for yourself...

some are lucky and some arent........just like losing our hair in the first place

agree but luckily my effects weren't as severe as yours