Density

yes in general but it depends on the coverage area to be worked on

which area and how many grafts are you considering?

I was just reading this about smaller procedures.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171902-anyone-know-get-400-500-grafts-2.html

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

The frontal half. -- I had approx. 1500 grafts done about 7 yrs ago just distributed throughout. Then about 14 months ago I had approx 1800 grafts in my hairline and temple area. Now the area behind my hairline appears thin. I'm just concerned that I won't achieve consistent density throughout.

seems like my case a little, had 2,200 with Dr. Hasson 3 years ago and then 1,500 grafts for hairline density last summer with Dr. Konior.

The density thing as we age is tough to maintain.

I had stopped Fin for 6 months and thinned out a little behind my transplanted area so got back on it.

Have also been looking at SMP options for the illusion of more density, or maybe a small HT procedure to correct one minor area that is bothering me.

Density can also be "enhanced" by growing the hair a little longer and combing it back and then when it dries it will layer down and look overall thicker. Can only do this if the frontal hairline is solid though.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to post some pictures at some point and get some honest feedback as well. Is there a way to do that?

Also, I'm taking 1/4 tablet of Fin and using Rogaine foam and Nizoral shampoo.

Is Fin supposed to stop continued loss or just slow it down?

My experience with Fin (Propecia) is that it initially halted my hair loss and seemed to actually thicken my hair a bit, then gradually the hair loss resumed, although at a much slower rate.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018