Rogaine questions

xxy

So I'm on Rogaine 5% solution now, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

1.) Is it a problem if I'm not applying it perfectly 12 hours apart?

My lifestyle is irregular. I work at my job 2 days a week, and have my own business with spontaneous and irregular hours the rest of the time. I generally use it after my shower and before I go to bed, or 12 hours after my morning shower, if possible.

2.) Is it OK if I use a combo of foam and solution?

3.) Is 5% inadequate or a waste of time?

4.) I'm not using Nizoral yet. I have a Japanese brand of deep-scalp cleansing shampoo, but I don't believe it contains Ketoconazole.

Would another anti-dandruff shampoo that contains 2% Ketoconazole be an acceptable replacement for Nizoral? Nizoral isn't easy for me to find in China.

5.) Drips run down my head, I'm concerned that I'm not getting the 1ml I need. Also, should I be massaging it in?

myhead.jpg.49ebc7a1c26fe49b947997748428c6a7.jpg

xxy,

Answers:

1. No problem

2. Sure.

3. You have to start at a low dosage and increase (if desired)

4. Yes.

5. Tilt your head slightly back and don't let it run down your face...and for Godsakes DON"T let it get into your eyes. Part your hair into about four ways. (crown, middle and on either side of middle. Spread the 1ml across these 4 parts).

6. Mechanical abrasion does not increase the rate of absorption/migration of the minoxidil compound into your scalp.

take care...

Great info.

One more thing, though. Mechanical abrasion doesn't help absorption, but surely it helps spread the solution more evenly over the scalp?

But I also understood that Minoxidil enters the bloodstream, and oral treatments had some effect, so a drip in one spot is likely to be at least helping nearby areas that weren't actually in contact with the solution, right?

I've just started on the 5% so I'm not planning to jump up to the 15% anytime soon, I was just worried that maybe 5% wasn't generally all that effective or something.

One more thing, though. Mechanical abrasion doesn't help absorption, but surely it helps spread the solution more evenly over the scalp?

Gently smearing it around is sufficient.

so a drip in one spot is likely to be at least helping nearby areas that weren't actually in contact with the solution, right

Yes.

But I also understood that Minoxidil enters the bloodstream,

Systemic invasion is minimal. (unless you deliberately drink it.)

and oral treatments had some effect,

Minoxidil was originally developed for hypetensive treatment and was administered systemically.

take care...