My Experience with Umar 2-17-09

Abedogg

Thanks Eman and GQ - I'm using the post op minox without PG that Umar gave me after the procedure - I really like this stuff, smells good too.

I also just started taking MSM - Umar isn't a fan of MSM but it has speeded regular hair and nail growth for me in the past and I can't wait to get to that 4 month mark.

I find myself checking these boards at least 3 times daily since the procedure - so thanks for the encouragement.

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

Your results look good.

20K + 3% ??? and pain?

I'm feeling more lucky about who I went with every time I read posts like this.

I didn't go FUE, but my procedure (3,075) was 60% less than the price you paid and Dr. Ross' office set me up with 24 mos. interest free (I think they can with anyone) and the pain/discomfort was very little. Also, he and his staff could not have been better at what they do, especially in taking care of all my needs and concerns.

Hey Chargedup -

I didn't have any pain during the procedure or after. Just the needles to inject the scalp prior to the procedure were way more painful than I expected - I think its because of the nape hair and the location.

I paid cash for most of it so I didn't pay 3% but I would have had to if I used a credit card which I felt was a little chincy. I was dissapointed he didn't have Capital One Cosmetic loans or similar as an option (which would have given a great rate similar to yours).

However, 20k for 3k FUE grafts is actually a very good rate for FUE - probably the best in the country for someone with Umar's experience and results. Armani or cole would have been closer to 30k.

I definitely considered saving some money and going strip. Rahal and H&W were at the top of my list and I would have saved about 60%. But I figure I'm 30 and this is going to last my lifetime - I'd rather have FUE.

I haven't had a bad experience at all and I am fully confident in Umar's expertise and I expect a great outcome.

But I wanted to give a truly unbiased opinion. I've always felt there were either glowing positive reviews or really bad reviews on here -the glowing positives always seemed suspect. At the same time I do realize that some of these clinics treat you as a king.

I wasn't treated bad at all but I do think his office lacks in the small details which I've outlined. I don't know how much a surgeon like Umar makes (probably plenty) but I think he could afford a patient advocate that is strictly dedicated to transplants (he doesn't have this). Setting up and paying for a taxi would be cool too.

Hopefully my remarks will help those visiting Umar more prepared in what to expect. My results will be the ultimate factor that determines my recommendation.

As of now, I would say yes, definitely go, I'm very happy so far. Just keep your expectations regarding the small things realistic. With Umar you're paying for a hairtransplant.

Abe

My Hair Loss Website

Jim -

Thanks - I'm excited. I have no idea if the minox will keep the grafts from jumping ship. I don't expect them too, but I like his minox mix (it seems to soften the hair and doesn't cause any irritation).

Umar did say he thought it was possible I wouldn't lose that many grafts. I don't remember why he said this, but he did.

I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

Abe

My Hair Loss Website

Originally posted by Abedogg:

Hey Chargedup -

I didn't have any pain during the procedure or after. Just the needles to inject the scalp prior to the procedure were way more painful than I expected - I think its because of the nape hair and the location.

I paid cash for most of it so I didn't pay 3% but I would have had to if I used a credit card which I felt was a little chincy. I was dissapointed he didn't have Capital One Cosmetic loans or similar as an option (which would have given a great rate similar to yours).

However, 20k for 3k FUE grafts is actually a very good rate for FUE - probably the best in the country for someone with Umar's experience and results. Armani or cole would have been closer to 30k.

I definitely considered saving some money and going strip. Rahal and H&W were at the top of my list and I would have saved about 60%. But I figure I'm 30 and this is going to last my lifetime - I'd rather have FUE.

I haven't had a bad experience at all and I am fully confident in Umar's expertise and I expect a great outcome.

But I wanted to give a truly unbiased opinion. I've always felt there were either glowing positive reviews or really bad reviews on here -the glowing positives always seemed suspect. At the same time I do realize that some of these clinics treat you as a king.

I wasn't treated bad at all but I do think his office lacks in the small details which I've outlined. I don't know how much a surgeon like Umar makes (probably plenty) but I think he could afford a patient advocate that is strictly dedicated to transplants (he doesn't have this). Setting up and paying for a taxi would be cool too.

Hopefully my remarks will help those visiting Umar more prepared in what to expect. My results will be the ultimate factor that determines my recommendation.

As of now, I would say yes, definitely go, I'm very happy so far. Just keep your expectations regarding the small things realistic. With Umar you're paying for a hairtransplant.

Abe

I'm pretty new on all this stuff, FUE vs. Strip, and didn't and still don't, know everything about this whole transplant deal.

I didn't mean to come off as claiming anything.

I guess people reading our recent transplant experiences now have two good choices on where to go and get great results...whether it be FUE or Strip.

• 2 weeks later...