I'm back on the Avodart.

TommyLucchese

Last November after 3 years of my hairloss stabilising and improving, it started getting worse. I had began messing with my regime and changing propecia brands, lowering minoxidil strength/solution and adding Nizoral. I changed back in May this year and added 0.5 avodart a week. Then I began taking Avodart 2-3 times a week, basically depending on my mood and how much of my supply I wanted to use up.

My hair by about June or July had improved immensely. I ran out of my batch of Avodart and just kept with propecia/minox cream. I've been very happy with my hair (especially with the HT at the front really kicking in) for the last 5 months.

It's now started to get worse again at the crown. So, I'm back to Avodart once a week to get used to it and then I'll try 2-3 times a week and just see how it goes. I don't want to be dependant on it though. Just want it there as a booster, if possible.

I'm a bit confused really. Do I shed in winter? Did my changing of products make no difference and that the presence of Avodart is what changed things? Am I ultimately going to be an NW7 at some point with 2000 grafts at the front, making me look like a freak?

I'm confident Avodart will get me back to where I was a few months ago, but I'm a bit annoyed that I have to resort to adding it into my regime and not sure how long it'll keep having a positive effect....Why can't propecia and minoxidil keep me where I want to be? Is seasonal shedding possible for native hair?

I was so happy with my hair 2 months ago - the crown holding up nicely despite the lack of Avodart for months. Arghhhhhhh.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Tommy,

I had a good chat with dr Lorenzo about meds, as I was thinking of changing my regime. He advised me against it. He said I responded well and sometimes it's best to stick to yr original regime if it's working well as sometimes tinkering with hairloss regimes can work against you.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

If you change it, you don't really know where you are. I have no idea what's going on with my hair ... is it seasonal, is it Avodart that made it better and the lack of Avodart that made it worse.

If you're responding well then definitely stick with it. I changed because of trying to get cheaper alternatives, whilst a bit of hair greed set in making me go for Nizoral. For whatever the reason, things got worse.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

If you change it, you don't really know where you are. I have no idea what's going on with my hair ... is it seasonal, is it Avodart that made it better and the lack of Avodart that made it worse.

If you're responding well then definitely stick with it. I changed because of trying to get cheaper alternatives, whilst a bit of hair greed set in making me go for Nizoral. For whatever the reason, things got worse.

strange......... :(