i had a thought

crafter

Good question. I would think that it would fall still based on the root. But just my guess.

lets say a dht sensitive hair on top of the ehad does grow better somewhere else and responds better to drugs like fin, then in then in theory if you still have a good amount of hair on top but the drugs are not working well then perhaps all the hairs on the back and ide of the scalp could be swapped with the ones on top of the scalp.

The location of the hair follicles when transplanted means nothing. The hair follicles in balding areas have higher numbers of androgen receptors than non-balding areas (Balding hair follicle dermal papilla cells cont... [J Endocrinol. 1998] - PubMed - NCBI), they will have the same sensitivity to androgens no matter where you move them. The fact that hair follicles retain their characteristics when transplanted is literally the foundation of hair transplant surgery. If the follicles sensitivity to androgens was dependent on the area they were moved to, not a single hair transplant would be successful.