Hi all. On a recent consultation, I was introduced to a guy who'd had some grafts from his beard transplanted onto the crown. The grafts were used sparsely, because the hair is obviously coarser, but it didn't look a bad result.

A couple of questions:

1. Has anyone else tried this with much luck?

2. Presumably, if you wanted to get rid of all the beard on say, your neck, you could use FUE to do that as an alternative to electrolysis?!

Hi Albion, I recently underwent a procedure with BHR in Brussels where 200 beard grafts were used along with some chest hair. This was basically just enough grafts to test the growth and assess any potential scarring. I am happy to say I have zero visable scarring and the beard hair for the most part did not even go into the resting phase and continues to grow. You can view some of my picuture on the following link. http://tinyurl.com/y8m256z

Since I am forced to use a conealer because of my situation, the hairs that have grown have made a big difference. I am hoping to have a second procedure sometime in Jan/2011.

I would definitely say that if you don't have the available scalp donor, that beard hair can make quite a difference. I persoanally don't find it to be any coarser then my own head hair, but I'm sure each person is different. Just make sure you go to somebody that knows what they are doing. Of course I highly reccommnend BHR.

• 3 weeks later...

how is this procedure is going ? u said there is no visible scarring in the face . is this accurate ? i am thinking of using beard hair that are thick to place in my crown and in scar tissue.. plz keep us updated

Hi Tsakalos, I have zero visible scarring and I have already been out in the Sun this year. So of course I was worried about white dots plainly be evident if my skin got darker. This simply was not the case.

Maybe it's just the way I heal, but I would attribute it more to the skill and size of punches being used. I say this because I have plenty of scars on my body just from everyday life that are clearly evident. I would reccommend Dr. Bisanga and I would also reccommend just do a small test.

I just corresponded with someone recently that had beard hair work done by a very well know repair doctor here in the USA. He has white dotting and in fact was told that would be the case. I have to assume a larger punch was used. Maybe this doctor simply does not have the skill to use a smaller punch. This statment is not meant to bash but to inform. Here is a link to my pictures, take a look for yourself. I will be posting some more at the 4 month mark in about 1 week.

Check out my Follow My Repair Thread, I will be updating it with a condensed history of my past.

http://tinyurl.com/y8m256z

Edited by Topcat611
added sentence

i ll do a test of 50 beird grafts in the scar or crown and if they grow with no scarring i ll do more. my beird hairs are thick and i think they will work well if they grow.

best of luck with ur repair mate

Hi Sparky, eventually I would like to soften up the hairline a bit, but that is some where down the line. Right now I would like to concentrate on getting some density about 2-3 cm behind the hairline and back to the crown and then maybe work a little on that vertical scar in back.

It all depends on how much hair I can get with the chest and beard area. Then I would save the little scalp donor that might be available to work on the hairline. At least these are my thoughts, but Dr. Bisanga is the expert so I will heed his advice. Which is how it should be. A patient should have enough confidence in the doctor for the doctor to make the right decisions.

Edited by Topcat611
spelling