Propecia and Blood Test

loyalspirit

Hello, my hair transplant surgeon put me on 2 week trial. I finished using Propecia but I have had some mild side effects like discomfort in the groin and slight reduced Libido. The ejaculation looked pretty watery too. I went to my family doctor because I wanted to do blood test to see if everything is OK and he said there was nothing he can do because he never prescribed the meds to me.

Here's the thing, I want to keep my existing hair and not have to do another hair transplant

but I don't want to keep taking Propecia and make matters worst with the side effects. I read on some websites that it could cause birth defect if your trying to have a child (this is what I read, please don't quote/flame me on this) What I wanted to do is talk to a doctor and every once in awhile take a blood test to make sure that I'm OK, cause if I am then I will take Propecia for life and if not then I'll stop for good! Are there anyone here that do take blood test every once in awhile to make sure there's nothing wrong?

Sorry if I sound a little paranoid cause I would like to continue using Propecia to fight further hair loss but I don't want to experience bad sexual side effects to the point it's permanent.

If I could get some feedback on this, it would be great!

thanks!

Do a little research on the forum here, there are tons of threads about testing testosterone levels, side effects, and everything else involved with taking Propecia. Some guys will tell you that it is the worse thing imaginable and that your joint will fall off if you take it and there are people that swear by it and have taken it for years and years. For what it is worth I have been on Finasteride for about 2 years now and did experience a few sides the first few months but they disappeared soon after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...