Pharma, FDA, influenza

Yes, why we breath the FDA get up to usual dirty business. People say America land of free, I think not. Companies, wall st etc run America today, they have much power and the pharma companies control FDA, it is not independent like once was, they have not your interests at heart, but profit is king, nothing else matters to these Godless peoples.

See below example of FDA protecting their profits

"Recently, the FDA sent out a wave of intimidating warning letters to nutritional supplement companies, threatening them with seizure of their products and criminal prosecutions if they dare mention H1N1 Influenza (Swine Flu) in conjunction with their anti-viral products. This censorship campaign is clearly an effort to wipe clean common knowledge about medicinal herbs from the minds of the People, forcing them to be dependent on vaccines, pharmaceuticals and conventional health "authorities" who already admit their vaccines won't work for future mutations of influenza."

This like fascist corporate state is America today, but is out of sight of most, I work with medcine, natural and I feel this and pray to God that darkness does not win.

Yes, why we breath the FDA get up to usual dirty business. People say America land of free, I think not. Companies, wall st etc run America today, they have much power and the pharma companies control FDA, it is not independent like once was, they have not your interests at heart, but profit is king, nothing else matters to these Godless peoples.

See below example of FDA protecting their profits

"Recently, the FDA sent out a wave of intimidating warning letters to nutritional supplement companies, threatening them with seizure of their products and criminal prosecutions if they dare mention H1N1 Influenza (Swine Flu) in conjunction with their anti-viral products. This censorship campaign is clearly an effort to wipe clean common knowledge about medicinal herbs from the minds of the People, forcing them to be dependent on vaccines, pharmaceuticals and conventional health "authorities" who already admit their vaccines won't work for future mutations of influenza."

This like fascist corporate state is America today, but is out of sight of most, I work with medcine, natural and I feel this and pray to God that darkness does not win.

Winston,

Though I need more information to draw any kind of real conclusion, I'm not actually not so sure I agree and I'll tell you why.

Nutritional supplement companies are notorious for marketing their products as 'all natural' alternatives to proven medications however, in many cases (such as in treating hair loss), there's no proof of efficacy. They are also not regulated like the FDA.

It sounds to me that the FDA is simply trying to protect themselves against unfair and unethical marketing campaigns that some nutritional companies may be promoting.

'Freedom of speech' protects the rights of the people to share genuine opinions and concerns about a particular topic. However, it was never meant to cover knowingly false and defammatory remarks. The law could potentially be clearer on on this.

Thus, if the FDA is being unfairly maligned by nutritional companies in order to increase sales, this is unethical and the FDA has every right to attempt to stop it and call for legal action.

Ultimately, the expression 'the truth will set you free' should become the motto of those who want to continue to be protected under our first amendment right to free speech. This is why in our hair restoration community; we make every effort to provide a fair and safe environment for hair loss patients and hair restoration physicians. See 'Maintaining a Fair and Safe Environment on our Forum for both Patients and Physicians' for how free speech must be combined with accountability.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you for reply Bill, very fair and balanced, you have point in what you say, but I have more times where FDA act poorly, and undermine natural medicine, which is silly to me as many drugs are based on nature, but cannot be patented unless modiefied in some way.

p.s I wish to say that not everybody in FDA bad people, only few, but that is all it takes, a few bad ones at top of company.

• 4 weeks later...

Winston,

That is a great example of the FDA protecting the public. If anybody was allowed to make any claim about a product with little or no evidence people would not know what products are effective.

You have little faith in pharma companies but tons of faith in natural supplements. I would guess that you also put little faith in science and tons in prayer - this is good because most supplements will require a lot of prayer in order to work.

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

I know nothing of Uganda.

So I see, FDA are good guys protecting the public and raiding health shops with guns and force, has nothing to do with competing interests, and banning natural supplements that challange their big blockbooster drugs. Judgement will be passed on these peoples.

Abe, you see the world how you want it to be, not how it is!

Winston,

IF there are natural remedies that work for hairloss or other ailments why don't the companies that make them pay for a double blind study that shows those results?

And don't tell me that those companies can't pay for it, b/c the natural supplement market is huge business.

And I've never seen a GNC store raided. What exactly are they raiding these natural stores for?

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website