Dry Scalp after FUE

I am exactly a week post fue and scalp is very dry, not itchy. Still washing twice a day, scabs are coming off nicely.

I have also started to use regaine and would like to use a tea tree leaving conditioner due the drying.

Has any1 used this before or recommend something else for the dryness that would not harm the transplanted hairs?

Dawg,

Is the regaine liquid or foam? The liquid solution contains a higher percentage of alcohol and propylene glycol, and both are known to cause scalp dryness and irritation. Not conclusively saying this is what is causing the dryness, but simply something to consider.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi

Thanks for the replies, the regaine is in foam form and this was only started yesterday. Last night i managed to get 90% of the scabs off after sitting for and hour with moisturiser on which was suggested in the after care and then massaging the scalp with shampoo. Took me about 1/2 hr to get the scabs off. The few remaining i will try gently removing today

I applied the regaine again and the scalp felt a little tingly ( good or not?). Did not give it a wash this morning but applied regaine again. It seems to leave sort of white patches on the scalp after it's dried.

I did suffer really bad with dry scalp and used tea tree leave in cond before the HT and that made an almost instant difference hence the question now, will this harm the new hairs or scalp in anyway. I am now 8 days post opp

Regards

• 2 months later...