Lowering of Hairline using FUE

Hello,

I am new to this forum.

I don't know why I didnt sign up before booking my FUE surgery which is scheduled for next week

I just wanted to know if there are any females here who underwent hairline lowering using FUE and if they have had any issues

would love any advice or feedback based on your experience. I am 24 years old and dont suffer from hair loss

The only issues that I would be aware of is not to expect original density in the ht area and when you use FUE, you are going to have to shave the donor area. Who is your doctor?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Good luck. I don't know anything about your doctor so I can't help you there.720 grafts will only cover a little over half of a cm of lowering a hairline with decent density.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you. My doctor comes across as very trustworthy. My hair naturally is not very dense, and the plan is to have a 2cm lowering I just don't want my hairline to become worse than it already is. Would you happen to have come across any scenarios like mine on this site? Im finding it a little difficult to find a similar post on the same topic

Here is a case of just over 1000 grafts. It was lowered quite a bit but it was just the center portion, so I guess it really depends on where you are lowering it. If you are trying to lower the entire hairline 2 cm with 740 grafts, you will be sorely disappointed I think, but it you are doing something like the case below, you may be able to get away with it.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169790-raymond-konior-md-chicago-1023-graft-female-frontal-hairline-restoration.html

View Spanker's Website

Thanks Moss and Spanker. I am hoping my results are like this. My doctor has told me that I will need to be very patient and not worry before 8 months post opp. and the full result wont come around until the 12 month mark.

Spanker, the doctor told me he will fill the area where my current hairline is, as it is not as dense, and move down, creating a widow's peak. So I guess it wont be lowered 2 cm all the way across.

I am just worried that something will go awefully wrong. i have never had surgery before for anything so i am quite anxious. I am just wondering what the worst case scenario is, as with all surgeries there are risks involved. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Its understandable being nervous before any kind of proceedure. Lots of guys on here tell how anxious they get when the date of the HT is looming.

I think as long as your Doctor IS a PROPER Doctor then you'll be in safe hands. You should ask him about his qualifications, and what safe guards are in place should the worst happen. Are his staff trained to deal with all eventualities? Youre right to say all operations carry an element of risk, no surgery is 100% safe. That said, however, I dont think a HT is considered an 'operation', but a 'proceedure', and i assume you'll only be given local anesthesia, so the risks are minimal. (i'm not a Doctor but I would imagine a 'proceedure' is much, much safer as FUE is not an considered 'invasive' surgery)

I think your best bet would be to talk to your Doctor about your concerns. Part of his job is to make sure you understand everything that will happen, and for him to reassure you that you're in safe hands.

all the best

Moss

Thanks Moss and Spanker. I am hoping my results are like this. My doctor has told me that I will need to be very patient and not worry before 8 months post opp. and the full result wont come around until the 12 month mark.

Spanker, the doctor told me he will fill the area where my current hairline is, as it is not as dense, and move down, creating a widow's peak. So I guess it wont be lowered 2 cm all the way across.

I am just worried that something will go awefully wrong. i have never had surgery before for anything so i am quite anxious. I am just wondering what the worst case scenario is, as with all surgeries there are risks involved. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Your biggest risk is probably unmet expectations. 740 grafts all the way across with a 2cm drop is just not enough grafts, even with 100 percent yield. As far of the surgery, it is pretty minimally invasive as far as surgeries go, an I would think is less risky to your physical health that most cosmetic surgeries. Anesthesia is local, so you doing have to worry about that.

View Spanker's Website

Thanks guys, I think I'm letting the nerves get the best of me.

Spanker, I will double check with my doctor before the procedure when we do the confirmation of my goals and ideal hairline. I'm happy to use more grafts if need be, and despite how costly is.

I'm feeling a lot less anxious now that I've spoken to my doctor and a few other people about it so thanks so much :)

• 1 year later...