just a weird question

machman

Hi All,

Usually my hair looks good in normal light but in harsh light, bright lights in rest rooms it looks like I hardly have hair on top...so my general question is how does my hair appear to others ...like in bright light or it appears normal day light view...?

Without pictures I don't know for sure but I can guess that it appears normal to others. I didn't even recognize my own hair loss until a while after the process started. If I didn't know, i'm thinking others didn't know either. You have to lose a lot to appear balding. The harsh lights in bathrooms make it appear pretty bad, but unless your eyes focus on top for more than a brief second you won't notice.

Even a hair transplant appears thin under harsh lighting, but in most situations it appears like a full head of hair.

Try some concealer if it bothers you. If you are thinning, maybe consider some preventative measures.

Without pictures I don't know for sure but I can guess that it appears normal to others. I didn't even recognize my own hair loss until a while after the process started. If I didn't know, i'm thinking others didn't know either. You have to lose a lot to appear balding. The harsh lights in bathrooms make it appear pretty bad, but unless your eyes focus on top for more than a brief second you won't notice.

Even a hair transplant appears thin under harsh lighting, but in most situations it appears like a full head of hair.

Try some concealer if it bothers you. If you are thinning, maybe consider some preventative measures.

That's a great response. Well said.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thanks for your quick positive response

I echo what has already been said. Most people don't realize that they're going bald until they've already lost half of their hair, unless of course they see it under harsh lighting or in photos It is also true that hair transplants become visible under harsh light because the goal is to establish about 50% of native density (which under most lighting seems full.)

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Like I have already said, I think my hair looks thin at times, BUT last night I had a compliment from a female I've never met before saying I love your hair. Having hair is really just as important as other aspects of physical appearance. I think it looks thin, but to others it doesn't even appear that way. Just another point of reference to the posted question. You see it, others don't. It's hard to believe that, but it is true.

I worry about the thin spot in my crown, but to others it doesn't appear to be bald I guess. If this female thought I was balding, she wouldn't have said I love your hair. That wouldn't even make sense now would it.