Shedding & Regrowth

Hi All,

I know that post op, the shedding stage can vary from patient to patient but I was wondering if these time frames (i.e. 10 days, 20 days etc) were in any way linked to the regrowth phase. For example, if i shedded all my transplanted hairs after 10 days could i expect quicker regrowth? Have any trends been spotted?

Fyi, i'm one week out and haven't had any shedding yet. Long may it continue icon_smile.gif

Cheers everybody,

Bash77

While we're on this topic of shedding, does anyone know the time frame for shedding? That is, what is the maximum time period after the HT that shedding can occur?

Has anyone have had shedding in their fifth weeks, etc.?

Also, the grafts (if any) that do not shed during the maximum period - do they keep on growing normally?

Forrest Gump,

I've heard of hair shedding into the 5th and 6th week, but I haven't heard cases of shedding after that. That doesn't mean it won't happen, but it seems rather rare.

The only exception is hair that doesn't shed but also doesn't grow. These hairs have detached themselves from the follicle underneath the surface of the scalp but remain lodged in the scalp for a time. Sometimes, it takes new hair growth to push these old hairs out, in which case, they'll shed a few months after the procedure.

Any hair that doesn't shed and continues to grow should continue to do so.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Thanks all for your responses. I'm assuming there are probably no variances between strip & FUE? I'm 13 days since the first 750 grafts and everything is still firmly in place.

Additionally, what's actually happening right now in the transplanted zone? Are the hairs growing are or just enjoying laying dormant in their new home? icon_smile.gif