FUE in Australia - Recommendations?

jcm126

Hello everybody,

I am looking at getting a FUE procedure done on my receding hairline in a month and was wondering if anybody could recommend some good doctors in Australia (as well as some to stay away from)?

I would look elsewhere really. The best fue doctors aee in turkey and belgium. Have a look at drs erdogan hakan lorenzo bisanga feriduni mwamba on this site and have a few onlinr consults to see who fits you best.

Don't bother with a HT if you cannot travel. This is a very specialized field and alot can go wrong, that is why there are only a few who are really great at FUE and none are located in Australia or even North America in my opinion. All the best with your search.

this seems to be the standard response to HT in Australia. I'm curious why? It's hard to believe that in 2013 there is not one doctor that can perform the surgery in a first world country with over 22 million people.

is it a stigma from the 2000's and now everybody is too scared to get it done locally? I've spoken to a few doctors and they seem rather busy, so its not like nobody is going in to see them.

this seems to be the standard response to HT in Australia. I'm curious why? It's hard to believe that in 2013 there is not one doctor that can perform the surgery in a first world country with over 22 million people.

is it a stigma from the 2000's and now everybody is too scared to get it done locally? I've spoken to a few doctors and they seem rather busy, so its not like nobody is going in to see them.

Yeah i found that a bit strange too, im no expert but i thought that it may be due to the level of expertise and possibly that fue was taken up by more doctors a lot earlier overseas than it was here so there are more doctors practising this technique and hence have more experience. Just a guess :)

My doctor did say that the procedures are very fatiguing so they do try and limit the number of procedures they do in a week so by them being busy its not like they are churning through patients at a high rate. I think he was down to 2 per week these days and it definitely didn't seem like he was keen to do anymore than 2 more likely wanting to do less. Also, they make a bit of money from them so i assume money is not a driver to do any more than they need to as they make enough off a few procedures to live a good life (by my standard anyway!).

Also from my research the docs in Aus charge a lot more than o/s so being busy may only mean 1 procedure a week, maybe longer.. (Approx 20K AUD for the procedure in Aus vs 6000 EUR o/s for the equivalent number of fue grafts)

ps - i made an earlier post on this topic but it looks like it needs a moderator to approve it...

thanks for the reply, i've seen you pop up in a few threads when i did a search on the forum! if you don't mind me asking which HT doctors did you consultation with in australia before deciding to go overseas?

i've had a few online consultations and i've found the prices are pretty much the same (overseas vs. the 2 australian's).

thanks for the reply, i've seen you pop up in a few threads when i did a search on the forum! if you don't mind me asking which HT doctors did you consultation with in australia before deciding to go overseas?

i've had a few online consultations and i've found the prices are pretty much the same (overseas vs. the 2 australian's).

Hey, I put that in the initial post, but its being moderated. Maybe they need to moderate anything with a doctors name in the post. Should show up soon

Hey, this was the post that got moderated earlier. Apparently they have a legal issue with a Dr i mentioned so it was removed.

I went to Belguim for my fue but before hand i looked at a few in AU. Dr Chan and Dr Knudsen were the main ones i researched although there wasn't a lot of information on the results they had achieved, not as much as the o/s docs anyway. Not sure what your reasons for not travelling are but if you have any questions about my experience travelling for the procedure happy to share. Hope that helps somewhat. Cheers