Direct shower pressure after HT - 2 weeks or 1 month?

hsrp10

What is the recommended wait time for using hard direct water pressure from the shower into the recipient area after a HT?

Some say as little as 7-10 days, others 14 days, and some conservative approaches say wait 1 month.

Let me know your preferred wait time based on past experiences.

The reason I ask is that I am trying to control some dandruff without having to use harsh nizoral etc as much as possible, and would like to be able to use hard direct shower pressure into my front and hairline.

Thanks

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Dr. Rahal's instructions were to not even touch the recipient area before 2 weeks, and then after 2 weeks start using the shower and messaging off the scabs. Seems every doctor varies to some degree on this, maybe you should contact your doctor.

Thanks for your reply, yes I think its safe to gently shower and lightly massage the front as you mentioned after 2 weeks. My dr does say normal shampooing is Ok after this time.

It's the instructions from Dr. Rahal I had read somewhere - he is not my surgeon this time - which says "go back to normal shower routine" after 28 days that make me think that hard and direct shower pressure should be avoided until a little later than 2 weeks.

A guess this is a grey area here regarding how hard direct shower pressure should be used during the time between 2 weeks and one month post HT.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)