Scar revision (Dr Rhett Bosnitch)

Bronte

I had a scar revision this week in Melbourne Australia with Dr Rhett Bosnich.Im very happy with the result.I have had two strip surgeries done in 2004 and 2005 leaving me with a very wide scar it was at least an inch wide in some places..So this has had a huge psychological effect on me.I tried fue into the scar but that failed completely.Looking back I should not have even tried fue into scar because the scar was to wide..So when the fue failed I fell into depression.All I wanted to do was buzz cut my hair down and forget about it.alot of friends would say your hair is thinning just buzz it.I couldn't cos of this wide scar..So I thought I would have 1 more go at fixing up my scar..I flew from Sydney to Melbourne last Tuesday and from the moment I arrived in Melbourne Dr Bosnich and his team looked after me very well..at 9am he gave me a needle and when I woke up he was just putting the last staples in my new scar.The nurse gave me a mirror to have a look.I was so happy with the result I nearly started to cry.The origanal scar was a inch wide.After I woke up and had a look the scar was like 1ml thick about as thick as a hair which is a huge differance.Im so gratefull to dr bosnich and his team..I can highly recommend this doctor to anyone in Australia thinking of getting a revision..I have been around a long time and have had 4 different doctors work on me and dr Bosnich is the best in Australia..

Hi

Without putting too much of a dampner on it, you need to wait at least 6 months or so, may be more to determine whether its been a success. Most, if not all scars nowadays are pencil thin to start with but are inclined to stretch.

Hope it all works out for you.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

Most, if not all scars nowadays are pencil thin to start with but are inclined to stretch.
Hi Buzz2, can you elaborate on this...

Why do you think they eventually stretch? is it normal movement over time? heavy lifting too soon after the OP? what do you think?

Hi Magnum

This is based on my experience on this site. More so with repair cases and people how have had previous surgeries. I had a revison myself on a poor scar from surgery in the uk. Whilst it has made a huge difference, it was nowhere near the pencil thin line I had just after surgery.

I have since had fue to it and will hopefully add to it in my next fue session with Hakan Dogonay in 3 weeks time.

In my case I dont know as I certainly didnt do any heavy lifting, I was very careful when bending. I suppose its all down to patients healing capabilities

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.